New Sectional Alignments

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Graphic Context

Re: New Sectional Alignments

Post by Graphic Context »

Region Don wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:37 pm
Graphic Context wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:11 pm
Boone Grove has a 2700+ yard passer returning this year, and a team hungry for a sectional title. I wouldn't count them out of the "Andrean Invite" just yet. I would like to see what improvements Andrean makes this year from what was markedly one of their worst seasons last year.
Boone Grove and Andrean should never be uttered in the same breath. Boone may have thee weakest schedule in the entire state, so I'm sure they'll hype up their winning record, but when it's time to put on their big-boy pants, they'll get slapped around like they did against Hanover last season.
That is a pretty aggressive response. Noted. I suppose only time will tell.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

I agree Boone and Andrean do not belong in the same sentence.

But I hope that changes.

Graphic Context

Post by Graphic Context »

BallinFreak wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:32 pm
I agree Boone and Andrean do not belong in the same sentence.

But I hope that changes.
Not that I disagree, but the same was said of Hanover. Just food for thought.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Is Boone Grove’s enrollment growth trajectory the same as Hanover Central’s? HC will be in 5A soon. They went from 2A to 4A in a matter of a few cycles.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:52 pm
Is Boone Grove’s enrollment growth trajectory the same as Hanover Central’s? HC will be in 5A soon. They went from 2A to 4A in a matter of a few cycles.
Hanover’s current enrollment for this cycle per the IHSAA is 817. The IHSAA had them at 699 in the 15/16-16/17 enrollment cycle. Not really indicative of the kinda growth you seem to think they are experiencing.

Now I will say that the IHSAA had Hanover at 680 for 17/18-18/19, so their enrollment has definitely gone up quite a bit relative to their size in the 7 years since that count was done. But still, that’s only about 20 additional students added to the total enrollment on average per year. Growth, but nothing crazy.

In comparison, the smallest 5A school in this cycle is FW North Side, with 1460 kids, so a difference of about 630 kids. So if Hanover continues on their current pace of growth, it’ll only take them about 30 or so years to be able to get to 5A.

This is besides the fact that no school district in their right mind would want to double the size of their already 800 student high school in such a short period of time. That would put an incredible amount of strain on the staff, building, admin, etc.

If Hanover expands the school and does the requisite things needed to accommodate 1500 or so students, then it definitely could get to 5A…in 20 or so years.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Are you aware if all the new subdivisions being proposed on the south side of 231 across from The Gates? Also add the three new Schilling developments in Cedar Lake. The Hanover district is booming. They will be 5A very soon.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

The point of the original comment was less about HC and more about BG. HC has benefited from tremendous growth. Has BG experienced the same growth? It would appear not at the same rate. Maybe they will in the future. I don’t know but could be likely if it is part of Winfield. If they continue to grow like HC, they will be able to compete with Andrean and the rest of the NCC.