Illiana Christian

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BallinFreak

Illiana Christian

Post by BallinFreak »

Saw a blurb on Facebook saying Illiana Christian is going to be starting a football program and were going to be Northwest Crossroads Conference.

Is this true ?

nwifbfan

Re: Illiana Christian

Post by nwifbfan »

Yes in 2025-26 school year but no football yet. According to article in paper, discussing it but no football yet.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

nwifbfan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:47 pm
Yes in 2025-26 school year but no football yet. According to article in paper, discussing it but no football yet.
I've had some sources tell me football isn't "officially" announced but it is happening.

When it does though I am very curious to see what impacts it has on LC, CP, and Andrean.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

And Hanover Central

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

It will no doubt impact those schools and make it even more of a fight for good players around the area. They get a good coach and they could be an impactful program relatively quickly.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

IC enrollment is already over 500 and suspect with football being add their enrollment will grow. So if and when they start football, they will be in 3A. When there is a new football member in IHSAA, what is the process for participation in tourney?

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:46 pm
nwifbfan wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:47 pm
I've had some sources tell me football isn't "officially" announced but it is happening.

When it does though I am very curious to see what impacts it has on LC, CP, and Andrean.
And BNI.