Scrimmages

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Fball23

Scrimmages

Post by Fball23 »

Anybody see any scrimmages? Who's looking good?

DACfanatic

Re: Scrimmages

Post by DACfanatic »

Fball23 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:08 am
Anybody see any scrimmages? Who's looking good?

Hanover central looks good. They have some things still in process but I’d put them on par with last years team.

Crown point looks to have taken a small step back on the defensive side of ball. But the offense will still be good with there TEs. Week 3 vs merrillville should be there only test in regular season.

Merrillville will suprise some people. Returning 17 starters. There QB play is head and shoulders above last year. Might have one of the deepest WR rooms in state. Scrimmaged ben Davis a week or so ago and hung around. The offense moved ball on them. Week 3 should be for the DAC title.

Michigan city has some holes to fill but the kids look to be buying in they could win a few more this year.

Valpo always reloads just like merrillville that’s no shocker but they had a few kids decide not to come back and play this year that started last year. Valpo is the B+ team in DAC at this point in the DAC. You got crown point at an A. Merrillville at an A-.

Andrean: loaded with talent as usual but can they put it together and make a run again? We will find out!

Fball23

Post by Fball23 »

I've seen Crown Point. They look like they will be able to move some people.

I'd like to see Hanover and I wish I was there to see Merrillville.

I did see Andrean. They've got that one dude at wide receiver but other than that they really took one on the chin last Thursday. It was against the DAC school though, so they'll probably be fine still

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I saw Andrean as well. Surprisingly, the defense didn’t look so well. Secondary was getting beat often and we’re getting gashed vs run. Offensively, I thought they played fairly well in 11 v 11. Run game still a work in progress. They still need a RB1 to emerge. Currently, no one impresses. QB play is still a wild card. Oline is improving.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Fball23 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:12 pm
I've seen Crown Point. They look like they will be able to move some people.

I'd like to see Hanover and I wish I was there to see Merrillville.

I did see Andrean. They've got that one dude at wide receiver but other than that they really took one on the chin last Thursday. It was against the DAC school though, so they'll probably be fine still

Hanover and merrillville scrimmage each other Wednesday at merrillville jsyk

Fball23

Post by Fball23 »

I might have to go check that scrimmage out Wednesday. Thursday I'm going to head out to Elkhart and see if I don't have a new dark horse team.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Fball23 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:58 pm
I might have to go check that scrimmage out Wednesday. Thursday I'm going to head out to Elkhart and see if I don't have a new dark horse team.
Merrillville scrimmage today starts at 6. All I know of is Merrillville and Hanover central. Not sure who other 2 teams are.

Was at the Valpo scrimmage yesterday. Here is my take.

Valpo: they look like they can run the ball as usual. But there passing game needs a lot of work. There S was getting burned a lot. He just seemed to not know what he was doing out there. But I expect improvement. The secondary is back from late year they are a tad better than last year.

Hobart: in my opinion I don’t see much improvement from last year. A lot to still work on.

Boone grove: kudos to them being the small team here and holding their own. They will make a little noise in state tourney. But they aren’t at the stage of a threat right now. They have some bright spots to build on.

Calumet: all I will say is they have a lot of work to do. Nothing great stood out to me. They have athletes everywhere. But everyone was dropping passes. Or missing blocks. And the ball didn’t always leave with consistency from the QBs hands. Defense a lot to work on. But athletes everywhere