30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Post by DACfanatic »

I’ll explain my top 3. Any others ask and I’ll explain.

1. Crown point. (Offense looks wildly dangerous but there defense seems to have taken a few steps back right now)

2. Merrillville( pirates are back to the spread. Watching them run multiple 5 WRs sets. Yes I said 5WR sets. There aren’t many teams in this area that can defend that. But there defense looks rough at the LB position right now.)

3. Hammond Morton (transfer central this year. Explosive offense and a solid defense. Can they make it out of sectionals we will see. My money is on the pirates)

4. Valpo
5. Chesterton.
6. Hanover central
7. Griffith
8. Lake central
9. Hobart.
10. Wheeler

paintballer

Re: 30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Post by paintballer »

DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:30 pm
I’ll explain my top 3. Any others ask and I’ll explain.

1. Crown point. (Offense looks wildly dangerous but there defense seems to have taken a few steps back right now)

2. Merrillville( pirates are back to the spread. Watching them run multiple 5 WRs sets. Yes I said 5WR sets. There aren’t many teams in this area that can defend that. But there defense looks rough at the LB position right now.)

3. Hammond Morton (transfer central this year. Explosive offense and a solid defense. Can they make it out of sectionals we will see. My money is on the pirates)

4. Valpo
5. Chesterton.
6. Hanover central
7. Griffith
8. Lake central
9. Hobart.
10. Wheeler
Top two I’m cool with but man it gets interesting fast. Who are all these new Morton transfers this year? Still need to see them put it together but talent is there.

The Griffith take is interesting. I’d take the whole NCC over them so not sure how they get to 7.

No City in the top ten is interesting. They’ve gotten love all off season.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Dermont Bogard for Ville is a name people don’t know yet but will learn this year I feel

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

paintballer wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:31 pm
Dermont Bogard for Ville is a name people don’t know yet but will learn this year I feel
Not sure on all the names from Morton.

But they got some DE that’s committed to whicita state. That came in. They got that woods kid from Hammond central. They also took the top DB from Hammond central.

Morton’s O line is bad. They can’t move but Morton has speed everywhere.

And bogard I wasn’t saying anything. The entire merrillville WR core is fast and can catch. Hate to say it but might be one of the best WR cores I have seen in the state in a while.

Seen a few scrimmages. And they are going 5 wide a lot. And there QB is definitely a P5 potential he is beating Noah from crown point at a few camps last few years.

It’s definitely between merrillville and crown point.

And Michigan city. I don’t know what you’re hearing. But they get live a lot and fall flat. There QB is terrible under pressure. He can throw. But that’s in scrimmages with no tackling.

There RBs are alright nothijg special. Basicly little hart is the entire team. If he isn’t getting 150+ yards a game city won’t score much

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:24 pm
paintballer wrote:

But they got some DE that’s committed to whicita state. That came in. They got that woods kid from Hammond central. They also took the top DB from Hammond central.

And bogard I wasn’t saying anything. The entire merrillville WR core is fast and can catch. Hate to say it but might be one of the best WR cores I have seen in the state in a while.

Seen a few scrimmages. And they are going 5 wide a lot. And there QB is definitely a P5 potential he is beating Noah from crown point at a few camps last few years.

And Michigan city. I don’t know what you’re hearing. But they get live a lot and fall flat. There QB is terrible under pressure. He can throw. But that’s in scrimmages with no tackling.

There RBs are alright nothijg special. Basicly little hart is the entire team. If he isn’t getting 150+ yards a game city won’t score much
Wichita State has not fielded a football team since 1986.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_S ... s_football

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:46 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:24 pm
paintballer wrote:

Wichita State has not fielded a football team since 1986.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_S ... s_football
The kid is from whicita sorry. But his ranking is still what it is.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I saw Morton scrimmage vs Andrean. 7 v 7 Morton was lights out. Skill and speed on display. 11 v 11 not nearly as impressive. O line and D line big but slow. Against other 5A/6 A schools, this is going to be a problem for them. Run the ball on them, use up clock, limit their offense, and blitz the heck out of them.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:09 am
I saw Morton scrimmage vs Andrean. 7 v 7 Morton was lights out. Skill and speed on display. 11 v 11 not nearly as impressive. O line and D line big but slow. Against other 5A/6 A schools, this is going to be a problem for them. Run the ball on them, use up clock, limit their offense, and blitz the heck out of them.
Morton really that rough on 11 v 11 I have been hearing that too

RAZORBACK

Post by RAZORBACK »

I have seen Morton this season. I would say their O line is more of an issue than their D line. The d line this season is better than last years.

I seen some of that Morton and Andrean scrimmage as well. Morton’s O line looked like it got lazy compared to the other times I seen them. I watched them scrimmage Valpo and New Prairie this summer and Morton handled both of those teams in 11v11.