My DAC predictions for week 1!

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Andrean @ merrillville: last years game Merrillville won 40-13!

Battle of Broadway! Merrillville comes into this season after another empty trip to semi-state. No one can deny that merrillville is one of the most consistent teams in the state over last few years. They return 15 starters from last years team. Might be a year of an explosive offense for merrillville. They are extremely deep at the WR position this year. Andrean is coming off a season they want to forget. It was the worst season in Andrean history. Andrean always battles come state tourney time and they have a few prospects to keep your eye on. Unfortunately for the 59ers this game should be a walkthrough for merrillville as they start the season off correct and make a statement about wanting to representing the north in 5A! Merrillville puts the game away by the half.

Merrillville 45-10

Hammond Morton @ portage: morton won last year 32-23!

Morton finished last season 5-5 with a loss to Merrillville In the sectional title game they will be looking to start the season off right. They have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. There line play is questionable but this is a solid club this year. Portage came off a season where they went 0-10! With Roy Richard’s at the helm you won’t see another 0-10 season. He will have his team ready to play. Portage will give them a game for a while but Hammond Morton and there talent on offense will prevail

Morton 35-21

Hobart @ Chesterton: last year Hobart beat Chesterton 16-13.

What to say about this matchup… Hobart is a team with great prestige and have a new coach taking over the program. Chesterton won 2 games last year but they were in every game till the 4th qtr. had leads against crown point and Valpo in the 2nd half till they fell apart late. This team returns a lot of talent and I expect them to be the underdog in the region. Chesterton gets some revenge in this matchup this season starting off 1-0

Chesterton 28-14

Laporte @ new prairie: Laporte won last year 20-18.

Laporte has a head coach that stayed more than a year now. There should be more improvement as the season goes on. New prairie graduated a decent amount of there team and lost in the regionals last year. But when it comes to terms of which team has it ready for this year I’m gonna go with the DAC school. Laporte wins a great game

21-17

Lowell @ crown point: battle for leather helmet!

crown point won this game last year 42-7

Crown point made there 1st ever trip to state title game where they got destroyed by 6A powerhouse Ben Davis. But they reloaded this offseason with plenty of transfers in and more coaches joining the staff! And Lowell is still struggling to find there-selves as of late. I won’t waste anyone’s time. This game isn’t doing either program a favor at all. Buzea will have this team way over prepared for this game and it should be over in the 2nd qtr.

Crown point 50-0

Munster @ lake central: lake central won last year 46-14

Both teams have new coaches taking over there programs. Both teams struggled to get any footing last year. But again not gonna waste anyone’s time. Lake central is ahead of where Munster is on talent at this point. Munster will have new life with this new coach but it won’t be week 1.

Lake central 35-10

Valparaiso @ Penn:

penn won last year 38-21!

Valpo finished 9-3 last season with a loss to merrillville in the regional championship game. Valpo lost alot of talent this offseason but they reload every year and have a great coach. They will rely heavily on Thomas burda to lead this team!!!
Penn went 10-2 and lost to crown point in a game I feel they could have won. They have a new coach stepping in this year which makes Penn very dangerous. The new coach is coach Pete he has been on the coaching staff for years. I don’t think there is much of a change for Penn football. System should be similar and they reload yearly too! I’m gonna go with my gut and take the team I feel is more equipped to handle this game

Penn 35-24

Game of the week:

Michigan city @ warsaw:

last years winner was Warsaw 17-13!

Michigan city finished there season with a loss to Valpo in the sectional title game. Michigan city also graduated so top talent in Jaden hart and Tyler bush. They return plenty of talent but there QB is a major question mark. Warsaw on the other hand went 9-2 and lost to Penn in the sectional. Bart Curtis is a great coach and it doesn’t matter how many they graduate he has this team ready. Michigan city will have issues stopping the Warsaw offense and there triple option attack.

Warsaw wins 28-17

NWI10

Re: My DAC predictions for week 1!

Post by NWI10 »

Why is Lowell not given any chance to beat CP?

Meatballs

Post by Meatballs »

Why respond to this? Now the other 3 accounts are gonna chime in

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

NWI10 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:24 pm
Lowell program is a shell of itself now a days from what it used to be. And the way coach buzz built crown point Lowell just has no chance running the ball against a team built like that. I would love to be proven wrong. But I don’t even see Lowell getting 100 yards in the game.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

NWI10 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:24 pm
Of all the posts I despise that have been made by the ole Fanatic, this one may be one of his better ones (yes, I cringed typing that lol). The poor Devils probably don't have a shot and it's not an indictment on them as much as it is a compliment to the Bulldogs (at least in my mind, I know Mr. Fanatic paints the Devils as dead but that part I don't agree with him on). Additionally, I don't see anything wrong with his other predictions as well. Although some new intel leads me to believe LC and Munster might be closer than I thought it would be on Monday...

For fun I'll make my own predicitons:

Merrillville 42 Andrean 17
Morton 34 Portage 17
Chesterton 28 Hobart 10
LaPorte 14 New Prairie 24
Crown Point 55 Lowell 7
Lake Central 24 Munster 14
Valpo 21 Penn 31
Michigan City 14 Warsaw 27

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Meatballs wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:36 pm
Why respond to this? Now the other 3 accounts are gonna chime in
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Penn/Valpo
MC/Warsaw

These 2 are hard to gauge IMO.

Laporte and NP is a wildcard as well. Last year everyone and their brother expected NP to roll and Laporte won.

I am picking NP but not confident in that pick at all.

I also struggled a little with Morton and Portage. I am expecting Portage to make progress this year.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:21 pm
Penn/Valpo
MC/Warsaw

These 2 are hard to gauge IMO.

Laporte and NP is a wildcard as well. Last year everyone and their brother expected NP to roll and Laporte won.

I am picking NP but not confident in that pick at all.

I also struggled a little with Morton and Portage. I am expecting Portage to make progress this year.
Those first 3 you mentioned were very tough for me to pick as well for similar reasons. I totally agree that Portage will make progress this year but after seeing Morton this summer, it's going to be hard for me to pick against them, unless they give me a reason to.