week 1 thoughts

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BallinFreak

week 1 thoughts

Post by BallinFreak »

Should have went with my gut in the Portage/Morton game. Nice start on the year for Portage.

What in the world happened in the Gtown and Highland game? I thought it would be a close game that was a toss up. Yikes highland!

Penn and Valpo sounded like a crazy one.

Fball23

Re: week 1 thoughts

Post by Fball23 »

Hats off to that Portage offensive line. They probably ran for over 300 yards. I saw them a couple times in the summer and they were tearing it up through the air. Their defensive front was absolutely flying into the backfield.

Kind of wish I saw Valpo/Penn. Love a good shootout

I picked LC, it was a bit more lopsided than I thought it would be. Same for Chesterton/Hobart and Merrillville/Andrean

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Merrillville Andrean score doesn’t reflect the game.

Merrillville got stood up on the 1 on 3 different drives. Potentially left 21 points off board…

Andrean passing moved ball well. Passed up on a few FG attempts think they left 6-10 points off board..

Merrillville defense only allowed (estimated) 30 yards rushing… but gave up 200ish in air.

Merrillville wide receivers dropped a lot of open passes that were on the chest. So again left a lot to be wanted going forward. On to next week.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Can't really say many nice things about Morton so I think it's best the hype around them just goes away for good. I've been hearing to much noise about them for too long and it just hasn't materialized into anything of substance. This years team is not as talented as last.

Portage/Morton was similar to the game last year except Portage finished their drives in the second half this time. Morton scoop and scored a blocked FG and fumble in the 4th quarter when they were down 23-20 to flip it into a 32-23 win. This year Portage finished their second half drives and turned a 17-10 halftime score into a nice win.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Interesting tidbit from Bishop Noll and SB Riley game. Riley had 4 safeties in the game. Only the 7th time in United States history that has happened and first time since the year 2000.

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

Crown Point was as advertised. They could have put up 70 if they wanted. Lowell had no pass rush all game and the recievers for CP ran open all game.

the dog

Post by the dog »

In terms of Griffith, they were really young last year and returned everyone. QB is for real.

stackalee

Post by stackalee »

When growing up in Griffith in the 80s, highland was always our biggest rival. By the time I got to high school it became hobart. But I always loved beating highland.
Also nice to see postage win for the first time in nearly 2 years. Not a lot of talk here in town for the last few years

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

the dog wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:40 pm
In terms of Griffith, they were really young last year and returned everyone. QB is for real.
I have to wonder if Highland is missing a few pieces to the total game package.

Former Region Guy

Post by Former Region Guy »

Boone Grove isn't good.
Highland is God awful.
Said it before Munster highland will be the worst talented game in NCC history.
Hobart is a JV team.
Whiting is bad which makes North Newton a pop Warner team.
Can we get off Hanover making a deep run in the playoffs now?
Time will tell if Portage is good.