Coaches poll going into week 2

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Re: Coaches poll going into week 2

Post by DACfanatic »

CodyFactChecker wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:38 am
DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:06 pm
nwifbfan wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:14 pm
IMO, Merrillville deserved to be ranked #1 in 5A as much as anyone else in that list. They are loaded on both sides of the ball.

Defensively front four control los and allow LBers to fly all over. It will be interesting to see how they do vs big, talented olines like CP and Valpo. Secondary should and needs to improve especially at safety positions. Andrean found open spots in front of safeties.

Offensively, what a talented rb tandem!! Both those players are very good. Great balance of run and pass. QB is not Mobil at all but is a big arm pocket passer.

Please don’t let anyone fool you about losing talent from last year. This team is reloaded and has potential to win it all in 5A.

Being that I’m the super fan. I’m not disagreeing

But our secondary is the same from last year. The S is already getting offers/looks. Our #2 DB is rough.

And I don’t like our DLine at all.

The offense will be fine once we are 100% healthy.

Missing 2 WRs.. our wr room is deep this year. But the dropped passes are ridiculous especially since they haven’t dropped all summer. 1st game okay. We will see why it looks like this week.

Personally I don’t think CP is a threat outside there run game. I think offense for offense.. Merrillville is better offense. But defense right now is lean crown point.

And with what I saw from
Valpo/penn I just don’t see them as a threat right now.

Any team that scores 40 and gives up 40 has a major issue.

Let’s see what they do with Andrean. Valpo will win. But I think Andrean moves the ball and possibly scores in them a few times. We will see Valpo is always a keep your eye on team. But I’m more impressed with Chesterton Trojans at the moment. I’d have to agree with @trojanman I think the Chesterton/valpo matchup will be good. I’d also love to see Chesterton finally show up this year. I feel it’s time for them to do something special
Here to set the record straight. No Pirate safety is currently receiving any Division 1 attention.

Also trying to stretch the truth just a tad, the Pirates only had 1 injury on the offensive side of the ball, a rotational WR.

Be careful with the lies this season Cody.

O and if you’re trying to intimate me.. it won’t work I’m enjoying you giving me the attention. You must love me so much. To actually try to prove me wrong. Which you haven’t yet.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Now just hold up here a dang minute. No one is getting intimate in this here thread. Jimbo and I will not allow it.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:14 pm
Now just hold up here a dang minute. No one is getting intimate in this here thread. Jimbo and I will not allow it.
Absolutely NO INTIMACY allowed in this here message board... :lol:

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

BallinFreak wrote:
Unless we get more than two teams at state this year right?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

paintballer wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:16 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
:lol: 5 teams at state and 2 state champions....then it is ON

CodyFactChecker

Post by CodyFactChecker »

DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:08 pm
CodyFactChecker wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:38 am
DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:06 pm

Being that I’m the super fan. I’m not disagreeing

But our secondary is the same from last year. The S is already getting offers/looks. Our #2 DB is rough.

And I don’t like our DLine at all.

The offense will be fine once we are 100% healthy.

Missing 2 WRs.. our wr room is deep this year. But the dropped passes are ridiculous especially since they haven’t dropped all summer. 1st game okay. We will see why it looks like this week.

Personally I don’t think CP is a threat outside there run game. I think offense for offense.. Merrillville is better offense. But defense right now is lean crown point.

And with what I saw from
Valpo/penn I just don’t see them as a threat right now.

Any team that scores 40 and gives up 40 has a major issue.

Let’s see what they do with Andrean. Valpo will win. But I think Andrean moves the ball and possibly scores in them a few times. We will see Valpo is always a keep your eye on team. But I’m more impressed with Chesterton Trojans at the moment. I’d have to agree with @trojanman I think the Chesterton/valpo matchup will be good. I’d also love to see Chesterton finally show up this year. I feel it’s time for them to do something special
Here to set the record straight. No Pirate safety is currently receiving any Division 1 attention.

Also trying to stretch the truth just a tad, the Pirates only had 1 injury on the offensive side of the ball, a rotational WR.

Be careful with the lies this season Cody.

Actually we have a WR playing with a chipped collar bone that’s a fact.

We have another WR who sat out with a hamstring. That’s a fact.

We lost our best WR to complete knee surgery during Lowell scrimmage (week zero)

And we have a S that has been in conversations with multiple Big ten schools since he started last season.

Keep trying though.
A WR that PLAYED with chipped collar bone means he played.

No WR sat out with hamstring injury,

Your best WR was #83? That’s a lie.

And there is no safety in contact with big 10 teams. Please provide a name or jersey number.

I will continue to shed light on your lies.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:26 pm
paintballer wrote:
BallinFreak wrote:
Correct. On like Donkey Kong if that's the case. All rules of intimacy will be cancelled, momentarily. Lol :lol:

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:18 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
paintballer wrote:

Correct. On like Donkey Kong if that's the case. All rules of intimacy will be cancelled, momentarily. Lol :lol:
:lol: thankfully y'all have set it that high hahaha

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:00 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:18 pm
BallinFreak wrote:

:lol: thankfully y'all have set it that high hahaha
Almost no chance we're meeting at a 50-yard line for a smooch. No shot. Lmao :lol:

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »