Sectional Draw

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Re: Sectional Draw

Post by DACfanatic »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:19 pm
For 5A sectional 9 and 10 they need to balance it out a little better.

Sectional 9
Mortan vs Munster
Hammond Central vs Merrillville

Sectional 10
Michigan City vs Chesterton
Valpo vs LaPorte

But at the end of the day it does not really matter since it will be Valpo vs Merrillville in the regional

Chesterton will win sectional 10!!

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:31 pm
Brickman2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:19 pm
For 5A sectional 9 and 10 they need to balance it out a little better.

Sectional 9
Mortan vs Munster
Hammond Central vs Merrillville

Sectional 10
Michigan City vs Chesterton
Valpo vs LaPorte

But at the end of the day it does not really matter since it will be Valpo vs Merrillville in the regional

Chesterton will win sectional 10!!
If I was a betting man! (a little wager) ?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Sounds like a normal Radtke team.

Looking forward to seeing how that goes.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

I like the prediction of Chesterton winning it. They will have their hands full getting past MC, but crazy things happen

Coach Nowlin 2.0

Post by Coach Nowlin 2.0 »

Making our way back up NORTH from our Eastern time zone blur

First time in my 22 years that will have an open week 1 BYE.

Looking forward to playing on November 1st

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Nice to see you around Coach. I read where you guys are leaving your conference. Any decisions yet where you all will end up?

Coach Nowlin 2.0

Same to you Ballin

We are currently goin into this as an INDEPENDENT

FREE AGENT!!!

This move was not because we have something lined up: This is the 100% truth.

Rensselaer Demographics and MORE SO playing EVERYTHING on Eastern Time Zone is just getting too much. We have lost around 100 kids in a decade.

Right now we have 435 students, we have around 40 or so non English speakers in our hallways then around 25 or 30 SPED/IEP/Austic student populations so now our available athletic pool has shrunk to around 350 or so, for instance our incoming freshman class was like 84 total, which only 39 boys and I think we have 7 Freshman of those 39 who decided to play, that is pretty decent if you look at it from percentage wise.

Hoosier Conference just brought in Logansport: 1200 students. Other bigger schools are wanting in: With Delphi, Lewis Cass and Northwestern all leaving within the last few years its just not the right fit for our student athletes in 2024 and beyond like it once was in 2001 when we joined.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Being Indy is going to be hard to get a schedule figured out?

Seeing RF and Renns on the schedule warmed my heart thinking back to the old days of them being in the same conference. I remember several trips down I-65.

Graphic Context

Post by Graphic Context »

Coach Nowlin 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:14 pm
Same to you Ballin

We are currently goin into this as an INDEPENDENT

FREE AGENT!!!

This move was not because we have something lined up: This is the 100% truth.

Rensselaer Demographics and MORE SO playing EVERYTHING on Eastern Time Zone is just getting too much. We have lost around 100 kids in a decade.

Right now we have 435 students, we have around 40 or so non English speakers in our hallways then around 25 or 30 SPED/IEP/Austic student populations so now our available athletic pool has shrunk to around 350 or so, for instance our incoming freshman class was like 84 total, which only 39 boys and I think we have 7 Freshman of those 39 who decided to play, that is pretty decent if you look at it from percentage wise.

Hoosier Conference just brought in Logansport: 1200 students. Other bigger schools are wanting in: With Delphi, Lewis Cass and Northwestern all leaving within the last few years its just not the right fit for our student athletes in 2024 and beyond like it once was in 2001 when we joined.
I am curious if the GSSC is a good fit, or a new conference with some of the teams there. Lots of shakeups across the state in general. I know Boone would welcome RC to the schedule.

Coach Nowlin 2.0

BallinFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:17 pm
Being Indy is going to be hard to get a schedule figured out?

Seeing RF and Renns on the schedule warmed my heart thinking back to the old days of them being in the same conference. I remember several trips down I-65.
Yes sir, I also played in the Old NW Hoosier conference: Glorious times, until Lowell came in for my SR year and pasted us and Coach Hudak was kicking FGs in the 4th on non 4th down plays........just to keep it under 60 !!!! :)

Independent is going to be easy right away, we know that for Football, but we will be doing what is best for our kids and we will figure it out one way or another.