Sectional Draw

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Re: Sectional Draw

Post by DACfanatic »

VPISU wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:46 am
Do you really think Chesterton is going to beat Valpo? Chesterton will win sectional 10!! Inquiring minds want to know!
I do. If you go back to there matchup during the season. It was one of the first game if not the first game they were without there starting QB. And Chesterton line pushed Valpo around Chesterton can run the ball probably 2nd best in conference behind merrillville in my opinion. If you go back and watch the last meeting Valpo needed special teams plays to go there way to win the game. Remember it was a OT game with a Philly special that won the game.

I think Chesterton will beat Valpo. But I think city is the only defense over in that sectional that can take Chesterton run game off the field.

Valpo wins if city gets there.

Chesterton wins if they get Valpo.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VPISU wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:46 am
Do you really think Chesterton is going to beat Valpo? Chesterton will win sectional 10!! Inquiring minds want to know!
I mean it’s just an opinion. We play Chesterton tonight but from what I see watching film,. Chesterton just looks more solid. This just doesn’t seem like a top tier Valpo team this year: and Chesterton has to win there 1st at some point. I’d say if merrillville doesn’t put a running clock on Chesterton they should be the favs

route2andholtz

Post by route2andholtz »

Coach Nowlin 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:03 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:17 pm
Being Indy is going to be hard to get a schedule figured out?

Seeing RF and Renns on the schedule warmed my heart thinking back to the old days of them being in the same conference. I remember several trips down I-65.
Yes sir, I also played in the Old NW Hoosier conference: Glorious times, until Lowell came in for my SR year and pasted us and Coach Hudak was kicking FGs in the 4th on non 4th down plays........just to keep it under 60 !!!! :)

Independent is going to be easy right away, we know that for Football, but we will be doing what is best for our kids and we will figure it out one way or another.
:D :D :D :D :D

Coach Nowlin 2.0

Post by Coach Nowlin 2.0 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:41 pm
So coach, I gotta question for you. I check in and read from time to time on GID. I saw your recent post on districts and conferences. Can you lay out here what you mean? I guess I am not the sharpest pencil in the drawer ( I did graduate from RF), but I had a hard time following what you guys were talking about. I dont know if you want to make a separate thread about it or just talk about it here. But I am curious to understand more of what you meant.
So many states go with a District Model, where you are lumped into same size/geographic area, each state calculates as you know different formulas to qualify for tournaments that the state puts on. Winning your "District" in states the qualifies for the playoffs typically puts in you in a better seed and rewards your district win. States weigh district games more heavily than non district games for playoff implications.

My question was can you go to a district model, and still have an all in format?

stackalee

Post by stackalee »

10 game seasons, drop the scrimmage/jamboree/O'rama
Play the other 7 teams in sectional, ranked 1 to 8 in time for playoffs
3 games to play whoever you want, not factored into ranking, sectionals with only 7 have 4 games not factored in
Teams in class with 32 teams still have 8 teams, current sectional 1 and 2 would be sectional 1, skip regional game

the dog

Post by the dog »

stackalee wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 11:59 am
3 games to play whoever you want, not factored into ranking, sectionals with only 7 have 4 games not factored in
Teams in class with 32 teams still have 8 teams, current sectional 1 and 2 would be sectional 1, skip regional game
Your idea of scheduling would eliminate conferences. No thanks.

the dog

Post by the dog »

stackalee wrote:
Your idea of scheduling would eliminate conferences. No thanks.

stackalee

Post by stackalee »

Most of teams usually have conference members in their sectionals. And if not, that's where the extra games come in.

And while playing football in high school, which do you think mattered to us more, being the lake 10 blue division champs or being sectional champs?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

stackalee wrote:
So you play the teams in your sectional over the last 7 weeks of the regular season and then play them again ranked 1-8 in the playoffs? Is that what you mean?

the dog

Post by the dog »

stackalee wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:05 pm
Most of teams usually have conference members in their sectionals. And if not, that's where the extra games come in.

And while playing football in high school, which do you think mattered to us more, being the lake 10 blue division champs or being sectional champs?
Sectional, but you can win sectional without resorting to a 'district' type of non-conference schedule.

Take, for instance, sectional 17: teams in sectional 17 are Hobart, Highland, KV, Hanover Central, New Prairie, KV, Gary West, East Chicago, and Lowell.

Not a single team in that mix plays New Prairie during the regular season. Gary West only plays East Chicago and vice versa. You aren't going to have New Prairie pick up the other 7 teams in the sectional and have them play the other teams. You aren't going to have Gary West and East Chicago pick up the 6 teams in the sectional that they don't currently play. And forcing the remaining six into a locked non-conference schedule of New Prairie, Gary West, and East Chicago. That eliminates teams having any say in their non-conference schedule and eliminates any traditional non-conference games they play. And it's not like there are other 4A teams close the area -- next closest would be Culver.

Indiana already tried the 'cluster' system once and got rid of it because it was an utter failure. Keep everyone in the tournament. If you want seeding, fine, use Sagarin.