Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Jimbo23

Re: Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Post by Jimbo23 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:15 pm
really impressed with the Portage win. Fighting back from that score after what they have done in recent seasons shows how much the culture is changing there. Years past they would have packed it in and got beat by 3 TDs +
Totally agree. Happy for Coach Richards, his staff, and the players!

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

BallinFreak wrote:
really impressed with the Portage win. Fighting back from that score after what they have done in recent seasons shows how much the culture is changing there. Years past they would have packed it in and got beat by 3 TDs +
Would love to see them 3-0 when the pirates walk I. Next week.

Heck would love to see both at 3-0

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:28 am
BallinFreak wrote:

For once we agree. Would be cool to see the Indians at 3-0 and would be cool to see a 3-0 vs 3-0 DAC matchup in week 4 especially right after this big 2-0 vs 2-0 matchup coming tomorrow.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:36 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:28 am
BallinFreak wrote:

For once we agree. Would be cool to see the Indians at 3-0 and would be cool to see a 3-0 vs 3-0 DAC matchup in week 4 especially right after this big 2-0 vs 2-0 matchup coming tomorrow.

I think tomorrow’s game can be competitive and come down to 4th qtr… but I got CP taking it deep down. Don’t wanna admit it. But merrillville is still figuring out which QB to run with. And we got a few lingering things we need to clean up. I think it’s a 7-10 point game

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I agree that this game will be a close one and not decided until late. Two really good football teams.

Yes, the qb play for Merrillville needs to work its way out. I personally like #4 just because he brings the element of running to the attack. #17 is pocket passer not mobile and makes some bad decisions.

However, don’t kid your self this game is going to come down to which team controls the line of scrimmage. CP will have their big Oline and TE’s matched up against a very talented Merrillville front 7, specifically #90 an #99 both are disruptive. Personally think #99 is unblockable.

On the flip side, Merrillville’s oline is solid but not great but I don’t believe CP’s defense is that talented so who wins the los here. Whoever does, wins the game.

Skill players are neutral only because of CP quarterback. RB’s and wr are more talented for Merrillville. I know everyone’s going to say what about Ellison. I get it but Merrillville has 1-2 punch and #21 for Merrillville might be the most talented player in the field!!

Good luck to both squads and hope it’s a great game for all fans, coaches and players. Games like this prep these guys for post season.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

nwifbfan wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:47 pm
I agree that this game will be a close one and not decided until late. Two really good football teams.

Yes, the qb play for Merrillville needs to work its way out. I personally like #4 just because he brings the element of running to the attack. #17 is pocket passer not mobile and makes some bad decisions.

However, don’t kid your self this game is going to come down to which team controls the line of scrimmage. CP will have their big Oline and TE’s matched up against a very talented Merrillville front 7, specifically #90 an #99 both are disruptive. Personally think #99 is unblockable.

On the flip side, Merrillville’s oline is solid but not great but I don’t believe CP’s defense is that talented so who wins the los here. Whoever does, wins the game.

Skill players are neutral only because of CP quarterback. RB’s and wr are more talented for Merrillville. I know everyone’s going to say what about Ellison. I get it but Merrillville has 1-2 punch and #21 for Merrillville might be the most talented player in the field!!

Good luck to both squads and hope it’s a great game for all fans, coaches and players. Games like this prep these guys for post season.

As for merrillville QBs #17 was named the starter over summer and in the first game of year if it wasn’t for the WRs dropping 14 passes he would have set merrillvilles single game passing record. (Hard to believe I know)

And last week with Hobart he missed practice for 3-4 days with an illness and was still partly sick in the game. Not making excuses I’m curious to see how it plays out.

#4 isn’t a great passer (had a great game against Hobart) not his normal. But defenses stack the box against him because he hasn’t proven he can throw over 3 years.

#17… has a cannon for an arm. And they back off because he can throw it all over the field.

#17 has been the varsity backup since he was a freshman. Should have been starter last year if it wasn’t for the senior that transfered in.

Both are juniors I think 2 qb system would work great if they can coach it correctly

CodyFactChecker

Post by CodyFactChecker »

DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:20 am
nwifbfan wrote:

As for merrillville QBs #17 was named the starter over summer and in the first game of year if it wasn’t for the WRs dropping 14 passes he would have set merrillvilles single game passing record. (Hard to believe I know)

And last week with Hobart he missed practice for 3-4 days with an illness and was still partly sick in the game. Not making excuses I’m curious to see how it plays out.

#4 isn’t a great passer (had a great game against Hobart) not his normal. But defenses stack the box against him because he hasn’t proven he can throw over 3 years.

#17… has a cannon for an arm. And they back off because he can throw it all over the field.

#17 has been the varsity backup since he was a freshman. Should have been starter last year if it wasn’t for the senior that transfered in.

Both are juniors I think 2 qb system would work great if they can coach it correctly
Dropping 14 passes is pretty incredible, and hyperbolic, considering the Pirates threw less than 20 passes against Andrean.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

CodyFactChecker wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:55 am
DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:20 am
nwifbfan wrote:

Dropping 14 passes is pretty incredible, and hyperbolic, considering the Pirates threw less than 20 passes against Andrean.
Actually nither team really posted there stats but our #1 WR that game dropped 5?6? All by himself. And if i remember correctly the exact number of passes between both QBs playing for merrillville was 28. According to RSN that covered the game. They are also the ones that said they had counted anywhere between 13-15 dropped passes on the radio feed. But still don’t matter. They both have there ups and downs. I think I’d rather have the pocket passer this year. But might need some mobility today.

But then he caught the first 4-5 that came his way week 2.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

There were 3 drops in week 1

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Who gives a rats behind about drops and stars. Seiss has to decide which qb gives him a better chance to win period. I think he can win with either player.

#17 is a big kid with a big arm that is a pocket passer and can’t run with questionable decisions on throws. No RPO’s with him because he is a non threat to run.

#4 is tall and more athletic that is inaccurate and makes bad decisions at times but he can create and run your top game.

Old saying if you have 2 qb’s, you don’t have a qb.

Although both of these qb’s will be important int this game this week, the most important aspect is who wins the los period, end of story.