Early region top 10 predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
nwifbfan

Re: Early region top 10 predictions

Post by nwifbfan »

Statistically, simply not a fact. Walsh is the all time leading rusher at Andrean. Zurek and Berg were both very good backs. Zurek fumbled a little too much especially against Wheeler.

Better than both Zurekand Walsh and possibly Welsh is Mike Hadt.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Meant better than Zurek and Berg and possibly Walsh was Mike Hadt. Sorry

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 4:37 pm
Statistically, simply not a fact. Walsh is the all time leading rusher at Andrean. Zurek and Berg were both very good backs. Zurek fumbled a little too much especially against Wheeler.

Better than both Zurekand Walsh and possibly Welsh is Mike Hadt.
Well yeah, if you’re just blindly looking at stats, then I guess you’re right.

But if you actually watched those 3 play, I don’t see how anyone with half a brain and a working set of eyes could say Walsh was better than the other two. Just cause Walsh played with inferior skill players and against inferior competition doesn’t make him better. Berg and Zurek had Blanco and DeSommer as the primary ball carriers siphoning carries from them for at least one year, and still finished with 5000 and 4000 yards, respectively. And if we’re going to hold one game against Zurek, I’ll have to say I never saw Berg get completely shut down like Walsh did against Pioneer (1A opponent I might add).

Sorry, I might be able to say Walsh was on Zurek’s level, but he couldn’t hold Berg’s jock. End of story. Go watch their highlight tapes. Berg was bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive.