Week 7 power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
the dog

Re: Week 7 power rankings and predictions

Post by the dog »

I'm not sure what the argument is about here. Crown Point is by far and away better than Merrillville and this year Merrillville is most certainly better than Valpo. This is not one of Valpo's better teams. Struggled against Michigan City and Chesterton in wins, weren't close against CP or Merrillville. Tiers seem to be tier 1 (CP), tier 2 (Merrillville), tier 3 (Valpo, Chesterton, MC, LC, Portage) and tier 4 (LaPorte).

CodyFactChecker

Re: Week 7 power rankings and predictions

Post by CodyFactChecker »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:27 am
CodyFactChecker wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:59 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:48 pm

Ellison did rush for over 100 for the game. But no excuses he did that against backups. If you watch and actually know anyone from merrillville we knew that entire week. Seniors were going in to start 2nd on defense and would play almost the whole 2nd.

It was senior night as much as you may not believe me. Merrillville had no intention of playing that game except in the 1st and 4th qtr.

And even crown point coach said we moved through there defense like butter.

But I stand by what I said. Merrillville has the top defense in DAC. You will see it when they are the only DAC team standing after regionals
This is absolutely not even close to the truth. The same defensive kids that started the game played every snap. It was the Pirates Senior Night, but they played with the same starting line up against Crown Point that they did against Andrean and Hobart.
Key word is starting lineup. It was 13-7

Check the 2nd qtr. seniors in on defense.

Yeah, this is wrong. A junior DB came in for week 1/2 starter senior DB.

Rotated a couple DL, same rotation as week 1/2.

Sophomore LB went in for week 1/2 starting LB.

The Pirates did not do anything different with the line up against Crown Point.

It’s unfortunate you feel the need to stretch the truth on here and also the Facebook page because it really takes away from the successes the players and program do have.

Stick to the facts