30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
scarab527

Re: 30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Post by scarab527 »

paintballer wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:04 pm
This kind of sounds a lot like a Minnesota Vikings fan trying to say Super bowls don’t matter so they can pretend their franchise is better than it is.

State is all that matters. Consistency means nothing if you can’t finish. Otherwise Russ is the greatest coach in state history. Doesn’t get more consistent than him but people don’t give him that title for a lack of state titles
Eh, Russ also has taken 3 different programs to state, which I think makes up for the only 1 title. Hell, with 3A hollowed out now, he could make it 4 with Knox. Russ isn’t the greatest coach in state history, but he’s up there. Now if he had only 1 state appearance I think it would knock him a lot more.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

scarab527 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:32 pm
paintballer wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:04 pm
This kind of sounds a lot like a Minnesota Vikings fan trying to say Super bowls don’t matter so they can pretend their franchise is better than it is.

State is all that matters. Consistency means nothing if you can’t finish. Otherwise Russ is the greatest coach in state history. Doesn’t get more consistent than him but people don’t give him that title for a lack of state titles
Eh, Russ also has taken 3 different programs to state, which I think makes up for the only 1 title. Hell, with 3A hollowed out now, he could make it 4 with Knox. Russ isn’t the greatest coach in state history, but he’s up there. Now if he had only 1 state appearance I think it would knock him a lot more.

Yea my point is imagine if he had 5+ state titles. The case for him being the top coach in the state is much stronger. 04/05 he had the teams to go back to back losing to both eventual state champs by a slim margin.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

Hate to say this but we have scrimmaged a few of the same teams that the pirates have and a lot of coaches outside the region have said merrillville offense is the hardest to defend by far. They keep running 5WR sets. As an assistant coach that’s a hard scheme to cover. Especially if they all have decent speed and hands. That can purpose a problem for any of us. Brownsburg coach said there defense needs work but there offense can score on anybody. And if I’m not mistaken they have the majority of it back for another whole year next year also. Mark my words John peters will not be there leading WR.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:01 pm
Hate to say this but we have scrimmaged a few of the same teams that the pirates have and a lot of coaches outside the region have said merrillville offense is the hardest to defend by far. They keep running 5WR sets. As an assistant coach that’s a hard scheme to cover. Especially if they all have decent speed and hands. That can purpose a problem for any of us. Brownsburg coach said there defense needs work but there offense can score on anybody. And if I’m not mistaken they have the majority of it back for another whole year next year also. Mark my words John peters will not be there leading WR.
Get a job Parkhurst

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:42 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Get a job Parkhurst

I can tell you I have 3 jobs. And that username as I have said for month is not me.

If I remember correctly the guys name is Joe Clark. He told everyone who he was a while ago.

Your just mad that someone actually confirms what I said 😂

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:49 pm
scarab527 wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Get a job Parkhurst

I can tell you I have 3 jobs. And that username as I have said for month is not me.

If I remember correctly the guys name is Joe Clark. He told everyone who he was a while ago.

Your 3 jobs are the three different accounts you run lmao.

Get a job kid, this is beyond pathetic.

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

DACfanatic wrote:
scarab527 wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Get a job Parkhurst

I'm pretty sure the Clark brother's dad knows the difference between their and there.

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

From the Stands wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:10 am
DACfanatic wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Get a job Parkhurst

I'm pretty sure the Clark brother's dad knows the difference between their and there.
So on Spotify been listening to a lot of podcast from down south and in central Indiana. Hoosier prep gridiron they have interviewed coaches all over the state. They are saying the only team up north that gets attention every year is merrillville because of the consistency they called crown points trip to state a lucky one. Because they escaped Penn and escaped Westfield. Gotta give them props. But I kinda agree. Outside of merrillville the only 2 other schools who get mentioned are Valpo and Andrean. Crown point still has work to do. They need to prove last year wasn’t a fluke.
We scrimmaged both teams this off season. Merrillville defense needs some work but there offense was far superior to what we saw from crown point.

Have a feeling there week 3 game is gonna be a shoot out. Not sure either defense this year will stop the other. Crown point won’t have an answer for the 5 WR set that Merrillville is running. And not sure Merrillville will have an answer for the TEs. Everyone knows Merrillville was majorly injured last year in that game. But I still think healthy crown point wins that game by 7.

This year I got the pirates being that it’s at home. By 3-7. Wish that game was a Saturday so we could all watch it.

NWI will have 5 teams going to state.

North Judson
Andrean
Hanover central
Merrillville
Crown point!

With 2 state titles coming back.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:41 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Get a job Parkhurst

What’s pathetic is you keep trying to prove me wrong h
And you haven’t yet. I don’t have more than 1 account.

And I work at a bowling alley as a mechanic.

Walmart as a order picker

And I work at a school in the duneland as a security guard.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:34 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:41 pm
DACfanatic wrote:

What’s pathetic is you keep trying to prove me wrong h
And you haven’t yet. I don’t have more than 1 account.

And I work at a bowling alley as a mechanic.

Walmart as a order picker

And I work at a school in the duneland as a security guard.
Pathetic Parkhurst. Cry harder bum.
Last edited by scarab527 on Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.