Tonight’s scrimmages

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
paintballer

Tonight’s scrimmages

Post by paintballer »

Updates on tonight’s scrimmages drop here.

paintballer

Re: Tonight’s scrimmages

Post by paintballer »

Are they just that late to posting them or are we getting no news articles this year on the scrimmages?

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:12 pm
Are they just that late to posting them or are we getting no news articles this year on the scrimmages?
I think it’s the latter, unfortunately. Local news paper coverage has taken the steepest of nose dives over the years, as we’ve all discussed before.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

The lack of coverage is really a shame. I’d argue it is still a driver of sales . Indy, Ft Wayne, Doith Bend, and Evansville areas all still do a great job of coverage for football but not NWI. I don’t understand it other than it’s not a priority.

I miss the days of Brian Waddle, Mike Hutton, annd others. Boyd came through and tried to revitalize it and had success doing it. I think he is now the best writer for Fever and Pacers.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:54 pm
The lack of coverage is really a shame. I’d argue it is still a driver of sales . Indy, Ft Wayne, Doith Bend, and Evansville areas all still do a great job of coverage for football but not NWI. I don’t understand it other than it’s not a priority.

I miss the days of Brian Waddle, Mike Hutton, annd others. Boyd came through and tried to revitalize it and had success doing it. I think he is now the best writer for Fever and Pacers.
Alot of them like Jim peters have there own blogs or websites now

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:00 pm
paintballer wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:12 pm
I think it’s the latter, unfortunately. Local news paper coverage has taken the steepest of nose dives over the years, as we’ve all discussed before.
Yea it’s too bad these generations won’t be able to dig into any archives and show their kids and grandkids.