Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Post by DACfanatic »

Codys week 3 predictions and power rankings for the DAC.

Record through 2 weeks: (13-3) 81%

Power rankings (im going to get hate for this)

1. crown point (2-0)
2. Merrillville (2-0)
3. Portage (2-0)
4. Chesterton (2-0)
5. Valpo (1-1)
6. Lake central (1-1)
7. Laporte (0-2)
8. Michigan city (0-2)

Week 3 schedule predictions

Lake central @ portage:

Last meeting: lake central won 21-20

The blue Vs the red. Lake central played a team from Michigan on Friday and played them really well but ultimately lost the game 17-10. Lake central is still searching for an identity under there new head coach. Portage won the game Friday night against Northwood 19-16. Portage trailed at the half 16-0 before going on a 19-0 run to end the game. This team is coming off a 0-10 season last year. So they have nothing to lose this year and are playing like it.

Portage wins 28-14

Laporte @ Valpo:

Last meeting: Valpo 49-0

This game is a mismatch all the way across the field. Laporte has started the season 0-2 with losses to new prairie and Lowell. While valpo has gone 1-1 with a loss to Penn and a tight come from behind victory over Andrean. Not sure what Laporte needs to do to turn this program around as they have been towards the bottom for a very long time! Maybe it’s time for a change in conference? Just my opinion. Valpo is not the team that we are used to the last couple of seasons but they should still roll in this game.

Valpo 35-10

Michigan city @ Chesterton:

Last meeting: city 28-6

Michigan city has started the season off 0-2 with losses to Lafayette jeff and warsaw. Both quality programs in the state of Indiana. Michigan city is young and has talent on both sides of the ball. Michigan city in my opinion has been just as disappointing as Hammond Morton full of talent but not showing results in the field the last 3 - 4 years.. will this week turn it around? Chesterton has started the season 2-0 with wins of Hammond Morton and Hobart. Chesterton behind there big O-line has been pushing teams around with ease. And there QB is doing a great job managing the game. The defense still has a few questions but overall a solid ball club. I think Chesterton continues to roll on after pushing around The city line this week. The wolves don’t have an answer for this offense.

Chesterton wins 28-17

Game of the week..

6A #1/2 crown point @ 5A #1 merrillville:

Last meeting: crown point 39-6

This is a big battle for supremacy and the lead in the DAC. How will both teams respond? Let’s find out.

Crown point has started 2-0 going up against Lowell and Arizona college prep nither team provided any resistance to the crown point offense. And the crown point defense did there job shutting down both teams to 7 points for the whole game. Rumor has it crown point had a few significant players go down Friday night. I hope not! And I hope if so none are out for long term! Crown point is headed to demaree stadium for merrillville senior night!! Merrillville on the other hand started the season 2-0 with back to back shutouts of Andrean and Hobart. Merrillville offense is as advertised lots of speed. Potentially the deepest WR room I have seen the pirates have. There running game is also a step above last year as they rotate 2-3 RBs all game long to keep them fresh. QBs also getting the job done. This game on paper could be a great one. Merrillville senior night? Crown point injury rumors? 2 teams that can make a run deep into state tourney? I’m not sold on either team 100% yet. Bother team has really had a test yet this year. Crown point offense seems to be more fundamentally sound. But merrillville defense seems to be the better defense.

Can the pirates slow down the bulldogs enough? Or are we looking at another bulldog walkthrough?

I’m gonna go with the home team as we all expected with the rumors of CP injuries.

Merrillville wins 42-35 in a game where I think both teams have issues on defense.

cridge

Re: Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Post by cridge »

whoever loses between crown point and merrillville won't lose the rest of the season

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

cridge wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:24 pm
whoever loses between crown point and merrillville won't lose the rest of the season
I can agree these 2 are the top 2 in DAC.

My heart says merrillville. But my head says crown point.

Merrillville has a lot to figure out still.

2 QBs played. And they reversed from week 1 - week 2..

The one that was good week 1 was rough week 2…

And the one that was rough week 1 was good week 2… they both bring different things to table. I hope we go with a 2 QB system

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:08 pm

1. crown point (2-0)
2. Merrillville (2-0)
3. Portage (2-0)
4. Chesterton (2-0)
5. Valpo (1-1)
6. Lake central (1-1)
7. Laporte (0-2)
8. Michigan city (0-2)

Lake central @ portage:

The blue Vs the red. Lake central played a team from Michigan on Friday and played them really well but ultimately lost the game 17-10. Lake central is still searching for an identity under there new head coach. Portage won the game Friday night against Northwood 19-16. Portage trailed at the half 16-0 before going on a 19-0 run to end the game. This team is coming off a 0-10 season last year. So they have nothing to lose this year and are playing like it.

Portage wins 28-14

Laporte @ Valpo:

This game is a mismatch all the way across the field. Laporte has started the season 0-2 with losses to new prairie and Lowell. While valpo has gone 1-1 with a loss to Penn and a tight come from behind victory over Andrean. Not sure what Laporte needs to do to turn this program around as they have been towards the bottom for a very long time! Maybe it’s time for a change in conference? Just my opinion. Valpo is not the team that we are used to the last couple of seasons but they should still roll in this game.

Valpo 35-10

Michigan city has started the season off 0-2 with losses to Lafayette jeff and warsaw. Both quality programs in the state of Indiana. Michigan city is young and has talent on both sides of the ball. Michigan city in my opinion has been just as disappointing as Hammond Morton full of talent but not showing results in the field the last 3 - 4 years.. will this week turn it around? Chesterton has started the season 2-0 with wins of Hammond Morton and Hobart. Chesterton behind there big O-line has been pushing teams around with ease. And there QB is doing a great job managing the game. The defense still has a few questions but overall a solid ball club. I think Chesterton continues to roll on after pushing around The city line this week. The wolves don’t have an answer for this offense.

Chesterton wins 28-17

Game of the week..

This is a big battle for supremacy and the lead in the DAC. How will both teams respond? Let’s find out.

Crown point has started 2-0 going up against Lowell and Arizona college prep nither team provided any resistance to the crown point offense. And the crown point defense did there job shutting down both teams to 7 points for the whole game. Rumor has it crown point had a few significant players go down Friday night. I hope not! And I hope if so none are out for long term! Crown point is headed to demaree stadium for merrillville senior night!! Merrillville on the other hand started the season 2-0 with back to back shutouts of Andrean and Hobart. Merrillville offense is as advertised lots of speed. Potentially the deepest WR room I have seen the pirates have. There running game is also a step above last year as they rotate 2-3 RBs all game long to keep them fresh. QBs also getting the job done. This game on paper could be a great one. Merrillville senior night? Crown point injury rumors? 2 teams that can make a run deep into state tourney? I’m not sold on either team 100% yet. Bother team has really had a test yet this year. Crown point offense seems to be more fundamentally sound. But merrillville defense seems to be the better defense.

Can the pirates slow down the bulldogs enough? Or are we looking at another bulldog walkthrough?

I’m gonna go with the home team as we all expected with the rumors of CP injuries.

Merrillville wins 42-35 in a game where I think both teams have issues on defense.

Okay loving the hate you get from city fans. But let’s be real Laporte is the worst here. And I will take crown point in a tight one with merrillville. But both these teams are my picks to go to state.

That’s if the Chesterton Trojans don’t eliminate the pirates this year

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:54 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:08 pm

1. crown point (2-0)
2. Merrillville (2-0)
3. Portage (2-0)
4. Chesterton (2-0)
5. Valpo (1-1)
6. Lake central (1-1)
7. Laporte (0-2)
8. Michigan city (0-2)

Lake central @ portage:

Portage wins 28-14

Laporte @ Valpo:

Valpo 35-10

Chesterton wins 28-17

Game of the week..

Okay loving the hate you get from city fans. But let’s be real Laporte is the worst here. And I will take crown point in a tight one with merrillville. But both these teams are my picks to go to state.

That’s if the Chesterton Trojans don’t eliminate the pirates this year

Not sure Chesterton is at that level yet. I do think they can give Valpo a game with the way they look

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast my friend".

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

VPISU wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:24 am
What’s your take?

I hate to agree but I think early on there are 2 teams that are clearly ahead of the pack. With my Trojans sitting 3rd

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:22 pm
VPISU wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:24 am
What’s your take?

I hate to agree but I think early on there are 2 teams that are clearly ahead of the pack. With my Trojans sitting 3rd
My thoughts.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

DAC Power Rankings
1. Crown Point (2-0)
2. Merrillville (2-0)
3. Valpo (1-1)
4. Portage (2-0)
5. Chesterton (2-0)
6. Lake central (1-1)
7. Michigan city (0-2)
8. LaPorte (0-2)

DAC Week 3 Predictions
Lake Central 6 Portage 31
LaPorte 7 Valpo 42
Michigan City 21 Chesterton 24
Crown Point 28 Merrillville 21

Last Week Predictions
Andrean 17 Valpo 35 - Correct but score is a little off. Andrean is going to have themselves a nice year. Valpo will only improve as the year goes on.
Chesterton 28 Morton 10 - Pretty close to accurate but the Govs got a few more scores, and Chesterton got 1 more.
Lafayette Jeff 45 Michigan City 21 - A lot less scoring than I thought, and a little closer score. But nonetheless, correct.
Lake Central 7 Grand Rapids Central Catholic 35 - Lake Central kept this much closer than I thought they would. But... Ole Jimbo got the winner right.
Lowell 24 LaPorte 21 - Lowell with a nice win here. Held LaPorte to 7 and scored almost what I predicted of them.
Portage 35 Northwood 28 - What a battle this one was! Portage down 16-0 at one point and close on a 19-0 run to win it. Awesome stuff!
Merrillville 48 Hobart 0 - Merrillville didn't score 48 but I was nearly spot on here.
Arizona College Prep 24 Crown Point 34 - Didn't know much about ACP but the Bulldogs handled em. BIG TIME matchup this week in Merrillville.

Jimbo's DAC Record: 15-1

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

really impressed with the Portage win. Fighting back from that score after what they have done in recent seasons shows how much the culture is changing there. Years past they would have packed it in and got beat by 3 TDs +