Sectional Draw

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BallinFreak

Sectional Draw

Post by BallinFreak »

Hobart and Lowell in first round.

A potential Russ Radtke and Gtown meeting in the 2nd round

A potential Wheeler and Andrean in the 2nd round as well.

Other than that not much noteworthy.

Brickman2020

Re: Sectional Draw

Post by Brickman2020 »

For 5A sectional 9 and 10 they need to balance it out a little better.

Sectional 9
Mortan vs Munster
Hammond Central vs Merrillville

Sectional 10
Michigan City vs Chesterton
Valpo vs LaPorte

But at the end of the day it does not really matter since it will be Valpo vs Merrillville in the regional

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:36 am

It's only fitting for Mason to have to beat Russ to have a shot at Griffiths first sectional since Russ last won it in '08.

cridge

Post by cridge »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:19 pm

Sectional 9
Mortan vs Munster

Sectional 10
Valpo vs LaPorte

But at the end of the day it does not really matter since it will be Valpo vs Merrillville in the regional
Merrillville will be there. MC can beat Valpo.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 1:29 pm
BallinFreak wrote:

It's only fitting for Mason to have to beat Russ to have a shot at Griffiths first sectional since Russ last won it in '08.
that is a great point. I have not paid much attention to Knox this year. How good are they? Can they beat Gtown?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

cridge wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 1:30 pm
Brickman2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:19 pm

Sectional 9
Mortan vs Munster

Sectional 10
Valpo vs LaPorte

Merrillville will be there. MC can beat Valpo.
Yeah I would not count out MC. Valpo is the favorite, but they are very beatable this year from what I have seen.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 1:34 pm
paintballer wrote:
BallinFreak wrote:

that is a great point. I have not paid much attention to Knox this year. How good are they? Can they beat Gtown?
Judging by their scores on John Harrell they're solid but not strong. They seemed to have a strong senior class last year.

the dog

Post by the dog »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:11 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
paintballer wrote:

Judging by their scores on John Harrell they're solid but not strong. They seemed to have a strong senior class last year.
Sagarin has Knox as 7 points better than Griffith. I love what Griffith has been able to do this year, but the difference between Knox and Griffith’s schedule is huge. Griffith’s schedule is ranked 292nd in Indiana and next to last in 3A.

Graphic Context

Post by Graphic Context »

Personal bias here of course but I am looking forward to the Boone/Wheeler game in the first round. The matchup in the season was actually pretty tight in the early goings of the game, with some big plays just before halftime that heavily swung the momentum in Wheeler's favor. Could be a fun one!

NWHC

Post by NWHC »

the dog wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:08 am
paintballer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:11 pm
BallinFreak wrote:

Sagarin has Knox as 7 points better than Griffith. I love what Griffith has been able to do this year, but the difference between Knox and Griffith’s schedule is huge. Griffith’s schedule is ranked 292nd in Indiana and next to last in 3A.
Knox’s schedule will be the predominant deciding factor in this game. They are battle tested and have a tremendous offense, albeit one dimensional. Their losses are to North Judson, Culver Academy and Bremen. All three are performing at a high level and Bremen appears to be back at full strength. All three of those teams would handle Griffith. Also, a Radtke team come playoff time is usually playing their best ball.

Griffith has played who is on their schedule and taken care of business. A tremendous improvement from last year. However, they would finish at or near the bottom in the Indiana Northern State.

Griffith will get some points because they have a decent passing game, which is the crux with the Knox D this year. Knox is just to physical and nasty at the point of attack and unless you can equal that, you are not going to slow down McLaughlin and Conroy. Knox should be about 4 TD’s better and rack up 400+ on the ground