Week 2 DAC predictions and power rankings

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Week 2 DAC predictions and power rankings

Post by DACfanatic »

Codys week 2 predictions and power rankings for the DAC.

Power rankings (im going to get hate for this)

1. crown point (1-0)
2. Merrillville (1-0)
3. Portage (1-0)
4. Chesterton (1-0)
5. Valpo (0-1)
6. Lake central (1-0)
7. Laporte (0-1) 💯
8. Michigan city (0-1) 😂

Week 2 schedule predictions

Andrean @ Valpo:

Last meeting : valpo 55-18

Andrean is much improved from last year. They were able to live the ball a little through the air last week on merrillville but there rushing attack was non existent as Merrillville held them between 0-30 yards rushing. (Conflicting stats being reported) Andrean says zero.. Andrean is a 2A school that doesn’t play a 2A schedule. They go from merrillville to Valpo not an easy task. Valpo went into Penn not knowing what they had as Penn has a new coach and Valpo had a lot of production to replace. There high scoring game with Penn was defense optional 😂 . Valpo lost the game though but moved the ball well. Valpo should be able to move the ball in the ground easily against andrean

Valpo wins 45-7

Chesterton @ Hammond Morton:

Last meeting: (nothing recorded for last 35 years)

Chesterton had there way with Hobart last week as they ran for over 300 yards behind there good offensive line. Chesterton lost a lot of tight games last year. and they are my darkhorse in the DAC this year. Hammond Morton has a lot of talent but the hype around them has got to disappear. They have been nothing short of disappointing for 4 years now. Not sure what it is but something always seems to be holding them back. Hammond Morton’s offensive line just doesn’t seem to have it. But it’s a long season. Chesterton will struggle with the speed of Hammond Morton I also expect Morton to adjust and get there skill players the ball quicker. But I don’t think Morton has any shot at slowing down the run game of Chesterton.

Chesterton wins 34-17

Lafayette Jeff @ Michigan city:

Last meeting: city 36-30

Jeff played and won against Avon and looked good all the way around the ball. Speed. Some size. Good tackling But a lot of room to grow. Michigan city played warsaw and lost 20-7. Offense moved the ball but didn’t finish drives and the defense stood tough against that “BART BALL” anyone who knows warsaw or coach bart knows that system is a pain to defend. Michigan city has the athletes to go toe to toe with jeff in what I think will be a high scoring game. I think Jeff gets revenge for last year in a tight one

Lafayette 45-38

Lake central @ Grand Rapids catholic:

Last meeting: none

Lake central started the season with a new coach and a win over Munster. They moved the ball very well against a Munster team that also has a brand new coach. Can’t really say much of anything about either of these programs. Just gonna gonna go with lake centrals past with Michigan schools

Grand Rapids wins 28-17

Lowell @ Laporte:

Last meeting: Lowell 26-7

Laporte opened the season with new prairie and struggled to move the ball. Seems like it’s more of the same from Laporte to start the year. Hopefully the coach gets this team going! It’s always better when all games are competitive. Lowell opened the season with a loss to 6A crown point. They moved the ball very little against crown point. But there defense at times did cause issues. Just going off week 1 Lowell is better prepared for week 2 off there opponent from week 1

Lowell 40-7

Portage @ Northwood:

Last meeting: Northwood 49-7

Portage snapped a long losing streak defeating a talent filled Hammond Morton team Friday night. They were able to run and pass where ever they need to all game. But Northwood is not Hammond Morton. Northwood is well coached and has talent at the key positions and the culture built there is amazing. This team knows how to win. Portage got the monkey off there back with the W on Friday but Northwood will protect home turf and defeat the portage Indians

Northwood 35-17

Merrillville @ Hobart:

Last meeting: Merrillville 31-12

Merrillville was able to run there way to run there way to victory Friday night on the back of RB JQ Johnson. JQ had his way running over the Andrean defense. As he did most of last season. Merrillville new starting QB Jordan sanders also showed a solid varsity debut hitting some long passes for scores. The biggest suprise to me was merrillvilles run defense shutting no down Andrean. Anyone who knows merrillville inked the rush defense is not always the greatest for pirates. But on the flip side merrillville WRs have plenty of room to improve after alot of open dropped passes. Hobart on the other had lost there opening contest to the Chesterton Trojans. Chesterton ran for over 300 yards behind there experienced O-line. Hobart had no answers for anything Chesterton pulled out. Not a great debut for the new head coach. But positive signs were also shown. Plenty to build on going forward this season. Unfortunately Hobart turns around and runs into the most consistent team in the region in last decade in merrillville. Not a great thing for them with Merrillville coming off a win that wasn’t perfect either. Gives both teams something to build on in this game.

Merrillville wins 42-7

Game of the week:

Arizona college prep @ crown point:

crown point ran through Lowell after hanging there 6A state runner up banner. This result was expected. Lowell provided little to no resistance against a team then expects to make a run in 6A again this year. Arizona college prep is a team that has talent and had a record of 8-4 last year. They will come up and potentially give crown point a game.

I’m gonna go with crown point

Crown point 28-21

TROJANMAN7

Re: Week 2 DAC predictions and power rankings

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

Portage is up to high. Valpo is too low. And I’m not sure I will have Michigan city under Laporte. Your picks are interesting but I’m not sure on the crown point game. I don’t think anyone around here knows anything about the Arizona prep team.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

I am guessing if you are traveling all the way from Arizona to CP you are expecting to either win or have a really close game.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:32 pm
I am guessing if you are traveling all the way from Arizona to CP you are expecting to either win or have a really close game.
All very valid points...... and/or the HC for the Arizona team was a standout player for Coach Buzea at Portage.

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:11 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
All very valid points...... and/or the HC for the Arizona team was a standout player for Coach Buzea at Portage.
Saw somewhere former nfl head coach life Kingsbury was there helping out last year?

Do we think crown point can win? Arizona players don’t loook like they have alot of offers

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

I think that was fake news boy who posted that. Kliff is the OC for the Commanders.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

1.Crown Point
2. Merrillville
3. Valpo
4. Chesterton
5. Lake Central
6. Portage
7. Michigan City
8. LaPorte

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

BallinFreak wrote:
I would like to see what the travel costs are for the game.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:24 pm
Portage is up to high. Valpo is too low. And I’m not sure I will have Michigan city under Laporte. Your picks are interesting but I’m not sure on the crown point game. I don’t think anyone around here knows anything about the Arizona prep team.
I like your picks better.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

NWI10 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:42 pm
I think that was fake news boy who posted that. Kliff is the OC for the Commanders.
Kliff also spent some time at USC last year from what actual research told me. Lol