Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
cridge

Re: Cody’s DAC week 3 predictions and power rankings

Post by cridge »

DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:51 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:36 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:28 am

Would love to see them 3-0 when the pirates walk I. Next week.

Heck would love to see both at 3-0
For once we agree. Would be cool to see the Indians at 3-0 and would be cool to see a 3-0 vs 3-0 DAC matchup in week 4 especially right after this big 2-0 vs 2-0 matchup coming tomorrow.

I think tomorrow’s game can be competitive and come down to 4th qtr… but I got CP taking it deep down. Don’t wanna admit it. But merrillville is still figuring out which QB to run with. And we got a few lingering things we need to clean up. I think it’s a 7-10 point game
Merrillville knows who should have been playing QB since last year. Seiss may expose himself if just flat out start playing #17. it might show that they are running a Plantation over there.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

cridge wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:29 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:36 pm

For once we agree. Would be cool to see the Indians at 3-0 and would be cool to see a 3-0 vs 3-0 DAC matchup in week 4 especially right after this big 2-0 vs 2-0 matchup coming tomorrow.

I think tomorrow’s game can be competitive and come down to 4th qtr… but I got CP taking it deep down. Don’t wanna admit it. But merrillville is still figuring out which QB to run with. And we got a few lingering things we need to clean up. I think it’s a 7-10 point game
Merrillville knows who should have been playing QB since last year. Seiss may expose himself if just flat out start playing #17. it might show that they are running a Plantation over there.

They did play #17 to start year. lol

And he was supposed to be the starter last year. If pope wouldn’t have shown up.

#17 also dominated everyone all summer

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:08 pm
cridge wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

And he was supposed to be the starter last year. If pope wouldn’t have shown up.

I can agree if #17 is Jordan sanders. He is by far the better QB. He has a bad game against Hobart but all summer long and the last 2 years there were no compression to DJ and Jordan. Jordan started over DJ every year they have played together. His IQ/Arm talent also is getting him some looks from some schools already. Also he beat out Noah (crown point) at many camps over last 4-5 years being that my son was at same camps

cridge

Post by cridge »

DACfanatic wrote:
cridge wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

I'm not talking about this year.

He should have been the starter last year with or without pope. There ar some key details your not mentioning or you don't know.

cridge

Post by cridge »

TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:18 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
cridge wrote:

I can agree if #17 is Jordan sanders. He is by far the better QB. He has a bad game against Hobart but all summer long and the last 2 years there were no compression to DJ and Jordan. Jordan started over DJ every year they have played together. His IQ/Arm talent also is getting him some looks from some schools already. Also he beat out Noah (crown point) at many camps over last 4-5 years being that my son was at same camps
They knew that. you have to keep the plantation in line

bluewolf219

Post by bluewolf219 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:13 pm
TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:54 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:08 pm
Codys week 3 predictions and power rankings for the DAC.

Record through 2 weeks: (13-3) 81%

Power rankings (im going to get hate for this)

1. crown point (2-0)
2. Merrillville (2-0)
3. Portage (2-0)
4. Chesterton (2-0)
5. Valpo (1-1)
6. Lake central (1-1)
7. Laporte (0-2)
8. Michigan city (0-2)

Week 3 schedule predictions

Lake central @ portage:

Last meeting: lake central won 21-20

The blue Vs the red. Lake central played a team from Michigan on Friday and played them really well but ultimately lost the game 17-10. Lake central is still searching for an identity under there new head coach. Portage won the game Friday night against Northwood 19-16. Portage trailed at the half 16-0 before going on a 19-0 run to end the game. This team is coming off a 0-10 season last year. So they have nothing to lose this year and are playing like it.

Portage wins 28-14

Laporte @ Valpo:

Last meeting: Valpo 49-0

This game is a mismatch all the way across the field. Laporte has started the season 0-2 with losses to new prairie and Lowell. While valpo has gone 1-1 with a loss to Penn and a tight come from behind victory over Andrean. Not sure what Laporte needs to do to turn this program around as they have been towards the bottom for a very long time! Maybe it’s time for a change in conference? Just my opinion. Valpo is not the team that we are used to the last couple of seasons but they should still roll in this game.

Valpo 35-10

Michigan city @ Chesterton:

Last meeting: city 28-6

Michigan city has started the season off 0-2 with losses to Lafayette jeff and warsaw. Both quality programs in the state of Indiana. Michigan city is young and has talent on both sides of the ball. Michigan city in my opinion has been just as disappointing as Hammond Morton full of talent but not showing results in the field the last 3 - 4 years.. will this week turn it around? Chesterton has started the season 2-0 with wins of Hammond Morton and Hobart. Chesterton behind there big O-line has been pushing teams around with ease. And there QB is doing a great job managing the game. The defense still has a few questions but overall a solid ball club. I think Chesterton continues to roll on after pushing around The city line this week. The wolves don’t have an answer for this offense.

Chesterton wins 28-17

Game of the week..

6A #1/2 crown point @ 5A #1 merrillville:

Last meeting: crown point 39-6

This is a big battle for supremacy and the lead in the DAC. How will both teams respond? Let’s find out.

Crown point has started 2-0 going up against Lowell and Arizona college prep nither team provided any resistance to the crown point offense. And the crown point defense did there job shutting down both teams to 7 points for the whole game. Rumor has it crown point had a few significant players go down Friday night. I hope not! And I hope if so none are out for long term! Crown point is headed to demaree stadium for merrillville senior night!! Merrillville on the other hand started the season 2-0 with back to back shutouts of Andrean and Hobart. Merrillville offense is as advertised lots of speed. Potentially the deepest WR room I have seen the pirates have. There running game is also a step above last year as they rotate 2-3 RBs all game long to keep them fresh. QBs also getting the job done. This game on paper could be a great one. Merrillville senior night? Crown point injury rumors? 2 teams that can make a run deep into state tourney? I’m not sold on either team 100% yet. Bother team has really had a test yet this year. Crown point offense seems to be more fundamentally sound. But merrillville defense seems to be the better defense.

Can the pirates slow down the bulldogs enough? Or are we looking at another bulldog walkthrough?

I’m gonna go with the home team as we all expected with the rumors of CP injuries.

Merrillville wins 42-35 in a game where I think both teams have issues on defense.

Okay loving the hate you get from city fans. But let’s be real Laporte is the worst here. And I will take crown point in a tight one with merrillville. But both these teams are my picks to go to state.

That’s if the Chesterton Trojans don’t eliminate the pirates this year

Not sure Chesterton is at that level yet. I do think they can give Valpo a game with the way they look
If it wasn't for LaPorte they'd pretty easily be the worst team in the conference.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Congrats to CP in an absolute beat down. I completely misread this one. I thought it would a game into the 4th quarter but it was over before halftime.

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:07 pm
Congrats to CP in an absolute beat down. I completely misread this one. I thought it would a game into the 4th quarter but it was over before halftime.
Anyone do a wellness check on Parkhurst?

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

From the Stands wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:08 pm
nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:07 pm
Anyone do a wellness check on Parkhurst?
Alive and well, kinda what I expected to happen. It was needed. I’ll never pick against the pirates. But our defense needs the wake up call.

But can we give some love the merrillville Backup RB Cameron Jordan. He started the game yesterday and idk what the stats are that he finished with but crown point couldn’t contain him very well in this game. But what matters is they bottled up the passing attack. Very impressed by this young man he will be a great duo with JQ rest of season.