My DAC week 4 power rankings and predictions.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nwisportsfan1244

Re: My DAC week 4 power rankings and predictions.

Post by Nwisportsfan1244 »

cridge wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:02 pm
What i got out of week 1 of duneland is that as long as Buzea is the coach at Crown Point Merrillville will NEVER beat Them. Merrilville will beat anyone who does not matter but will lose when it counts. Nothing has changed.
Yeah and as long as CP has the ability to pay assistant coaches who used to be head coaches good salaries.

cridge

Post by cridge »

Nwisportsfan1244 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:01 pm
cridge wrote:
What i got out of week 1 of duneland is that as long as Buzea is the coach at Crown Point Merrillville will NEVER beat Them. Merrilville will beat anyone who does not matter but will lose when it counts. Nothing has changed.
Yeah and as long as CP has the ability to pay assistant coaches who used to be head coaches good salaries.
except thats not the problem with merrillville.

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

Meatballs wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:01 am
TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:59 pm
We had no answer for city’s defense. And our Oline was trash! But I have to agree with everything up there. Still believe at this point and time there is a gap between 2-3 and it’s a wide one. Valpo plays city this week.
Calling kids trash...real nice. Not surprised you POS.
Starting to think the only POS is you? You never have anything good to say to anyone.

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

cridge wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:01 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:46 pm
cridge wrote:
As a bulldog fan. We dominated them after the 1st qtr they had us worried in the first.

But also if you think that game yesterday mattered it doesn’t. No one cared about the duneland crown. It’s iron sharpening iron and they showed us a few weaknesses we have. I fully expect both of us at Lucas oil this year.
your obviously speaking from the crown point side. or it's the typical region cover for or help out coach. Merrillville Main goal since day 1 was to beat Crown Point . so This game mattered. Crown point could have easily put up 60 but they didn't because they didn't want to. if they lost 28-14 or 21-14 okay. they were flat out dominated just like they were last year. good teams don't lose like that. if crown point was a 5a team they would do it again to merrillville in the sectionals. Merrillville will when the sectional and regional then lose to a team the valpo and crown point ould beat. Merrillville will not beat Crown point in the near future. outside of the regional, when it counts don't count on them.

Everyone has their own opinions on that game. But there are kids from that pirate team that started writing in the summer they were taking the loss to crown point. There were other fans and coaches from around that program that said the 6A games didn’t matter this year and that there only focus was Valpo/Michigan City and Chesterton

Most of us still think merrillville is head and shoulders the 2nd best in DAC. I think crown point is gonna beat Valpo by an even bigger margin.

But the state title game in 5A I’m starting to believe will the regional game up here. And personally I got city being the one to face the pirates

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

State title game in the region for 5A. I like it! And City being the team to face Mville! This weeks City and Valpo game is going to be interesting.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

BallinFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:04 pm
State title game in the region for 5A. I like it! And City being the team to face Mville! This weeks City and Valpo game is going to be interesting.
We all know merrillville should be at regional.

I won’t go as far as saying state title game. But that regional should be more competitive than the semistate game. This weeks game will tell a lot. As a merrillville grad we got smacked last week. But that’s far from the team the rest of the season will see.

According to calpreps even after last week. We are 17 point favorites over Valpo and 23 point favorites over city.

Both teams still play merrillville so that will change.

No excuses on the crown point game. We are still rotating QBs. And our starting RB is limited at the moment. But the backup Rb had a fantastic game. I think 9 car for like 102 yards or something. I haven’t seen official stats. But merrillville has a 2 headed Rb if both are healthy. Long season. We will see how the rest plays out

And @hanovercentral don’t name call everyone has there opinions.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

It's funny just a year ago the exact same things were happening and being said.

Crown Point blew out the Ville and all the talk all week was about them taking it out on Portage. Then Portage came in, apparently stepped on the logo at midfield, upsetting the Ville OC who proceeded to tell people he was going to run the score up on Portage for doing so.

Had it not been for a highly questionable ejection on a very clean but aggressive hit by a Portage safety the game could have been a shut out as that drive resulted in their only TD until the final drive on a broken contain assignment.

Long story short. Stop bragging about the Ville until they put the results on film. It's disrespectful to the Portage coaches and players to act like this is some walk in the park game as it was shown last year it is far from that. And don't feed the injuries excuse after.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I don’t have a dog in this fight but my observations on Merrillville and why they catch so much grief locally and down state.

1. They always have had and likely will continue to have an awful lot of talent every year. Arguably the best individual talent in Region just about every year.

2. QB play has been very inconsistent over the years and one could argue has been their Achilles heel.

3. With 100+ kids on roster from grades 10-12, I would expect the offensive line to be dominant every year. This is hardly the case.

4. The bragging and postings on boards about the talent level and how good the team is when compared to the results it has had warrants all the grief this team gets every year. A little less bravado and quiet confidence would do this program well.

5. I believe Coach Seiss is a good coach. I’m not sure about the position coaches, namely QB and oline coach. I just don’t see the development at those two critical positions. I don’t know who they are by the way.

Having said the above, Merrillville is still a highly regarded program locally and in the State. It would do them and the Region wonders reputation wise if they could make it to the State Finals repping 5A North.

Bearcat Nation

Post by Bearcat Nation »

I really don't have a dog in the fight, or even in the neighborhood, BUT....

How is "(Merrillville has) Arguably the best individual talent in Region just about every year" consistent with "QB play has been very inconsistent over the years and one could argue has been their Achilles heel"? If Merrillville had arguably the best individual talent just about every year as you say, wouldn't their QB be the best in the Region just about every year? Yet you say their QB hasn't been the best.

Likewise, How is "(Merrillville has) Arguably the best individual talent in Region just about every year" consistent with "I would expect the offensive line to be dominant every year. This is hardly the case"? If Merrillville had arguably the best individual talent just about every year as you say, wouldn't their O-line be dominant just about every year? Yet you say the O-line has't been the best

You rebutted your own statement that Merrillville has the best individual talent in the Region just about every year. So, even according to you, they don't.
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Not at every position and every player, c’mon you’re being ignorant. There isn’t a coach in the region that would not love to have Merrillville’s talent on their roster.

Which school in the region is the first stop for college recruiters almost every year? Merrillville

They have multiple next level talent on their roster every year. The position that has not produced that is at QB and it hurts them. The offensive line has produced some dudes but not consistently and their dominance doesn’t show up consistently either.