My DAC week 4 power rankings and predictions.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Bearcat Nation

Re: My DAC week 4 power rankings and predictions.

Post by Bearcat Nation »

Ok, Merrillville has the best individual talent in the Region just about every year...except for QB and offensive line. Got it. :roll:
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:39 pm
I don’t have a dog in this fight but my observations on Merrillville and why they catch so much grief locally and down state.

1. They always have had and likely will continue to have an awful lot of talent every year. Arguably the best individual talent in Region just about every year.

2. QB play has been very inconsistent over the years and one could argue has been their Achilles heel.

3. With 100+ kids on roster from grades 10-12, I would expect the offensive line to be dominant every year. This is hardly the case.

4. The bragging and postings on boards about the talent level and how good the team is when compared to the results it has had warrants all the grief this team gets every year. A little less bravado and quiet confidence would do this program well.

5. I believe Coach Seiss is a good coach. I’m not sure about the position coaches, namely QB and oline coach. I just don’t see the development at those two critical positions. I don’t know who they are by the way.

Having said the above, Merrillville is still a highly regarded program locally and in the State. It would do them and the Region wonders reputation wise if they could make it to the State Finals repping 5A North.

Not to argue with you. But region sports. And Jed tv have been saying even after last week. The merrillville has the best offensive line in the whole region.. I mean that’s on radio and podcast films… so… either you’re majorly wrong. Or they are majorly wrong.

I haven’t seen them enough to know this year.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Remind me again, what was the score of the CP - Merrillville game? How many points did Merrillville score with this vaunted offensive line?

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

DAC Power Rankings
1. Crown Point 3-0 (1-0)
2. Valpo 2-1 (1-0)
3. Merrillville 2-1 (0-1)
4. Lake Central 2-1 (1-0)
5. Portage 2-1 (0-1)
6. Michigan City 1-2 (1-0)
7. Chesterton 2-1 (0-1)
8. LaPorte 0-3 (0-1)

DAC Week 4 Predictions
Chesterton 35 LaPorte 10
Lake Central 10 Crown Point 49
Merrillville 24 Portage 20
Valpo 27 Michigan City 17

Last Week Predictions
Lake Central 23 Portage 21 - WRONG-O! Lake Central has exceeded my expectations and found a way to win another game against Portage.
Valpo 42 LaPorte 7 - Call me NostraJIMBO from now on... Lmao :lol:
Michigan City 20 Chesterton 0 - Wrong! Ignore the above comment. :lol: Seriously though, this is a nice bounce back win for City. Tough game here in week 4 but they have a chance. They've competed well in every game thus far, no reason they can't compete Friday.
Crown Point 46 Merrillville 13 - Whelp, I'm correct-ish. The Bulldogs BLEW THEM BOYS in Merrillville OUT! News flash: Merrillville SHOULD be the best team in the Region EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Yet, EVERY SINGLE YEAR they are NOT! I'll let you all infer as to why that is.

Jimbo's DAC Record: 17-3

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:40 am
Remind me again, what was the score of the CP - Merrillville game? How many points did Merrillville score with this vaunted offensive line?
46 to 13, in case anyone forgot... :lol:

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:43 pm
There isn’t a coach in the region that would not love to have Merrillville’s talent on their roster.
Facts. Anyone that tells you otherwise is straight up LYING.

FootballFan34

Post by FootballFan34 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:45 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:04 pm
State title game in the region for 5A. I like it! And City being the team to face Mville! This weeks City and Valpo game is going to be interesting.
And @hanovercentral don’t name call everyone has there opinions.
You ever been to Cedar Lake? They're the most high and mighty people on the planet! Who are you to tell him he can't name call :lol:

Nwisportsfan1244

Post by Nwisportsfan1244 »

With the big debate about Merrillvilles QB and Oline situation being bad and CP. A few points.

It’s hard to say their QB situation is bad when the current starting QB has a rocket launcher for an arm. Yall obviously haven’t hit the Nwi recruiting cycle in the off season to poach players. Now last year, villes transfer QB was dynamic on the ground but couldn’t pass the ball. So point taken with QB last year, but if 17 is put in good situations to air it out he will. This takes me to the OL because he needs time because 17 is a pocket passer.

Their offensive line is always big but underwhelming. It’s probably because they have a bad offensive line coach. It’s one of the hardest positions to fill and hardest positions to coach. So if the offensive line is lacking, you have to point the finger at the coach.

But all in all Villes roster is always stacked and probably the most talented athletically next to a place like city. Although Seiss is a great coach something’s gotta give and it’s probably assistant coaches.

CP is good and always will be good. But we can’t honestly overlook the fact that they are the most heavily funded program in the area. If you can afford two different helmets for your program and have multiple fields and practice facilities they are clearly at a different level. But the coaching is what matters. Not only are they stacked with players they are stacked with a great HC and all former HC turned assistants. Take CPs staff, put them at Ville, and they can ride off into the 5A state championship.

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

Nwisportsfan1244 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:56 pm
With the big debate about Merrillvilles QB and Oline situation being bad and CP. A few points.

It’s hard to say their QB situation is bad when the current starting QB has a rocket launcher for an arm. Yall obviously haven’t hit the Nwi recruiting cycle in the off season to poach players. Now last year, villes transfer QB was dynamic on the ground but couldn’t pass the ball. So point taken with QB last year, but if 17 is put in good situations to air it out he will. This takes me to the OL because he needs time because 17 is a pocket passer.

Their offensive line is always big but underwhelming. It’s probably because they have a bad offensive line coach. It’s one of the hardest positions to fill and hardest positions to coach. So if the offensive line is lacking, you have to point the finger at the coach.

But all in all Villes roster is always stacked and probably the most talented athletically next to a place like city. Although Seiss is a great coach something’s gotta give and it’s probably assistant coaches.

CP is good and always will be good. But we can’t honestly overlook the fact that they are the most heavily funded program in the area. If you can afford two different helmets for your program and have multiple fields and practice facilities they are clearly at a different level. But the coaching is what matters. Not only are they stacked with players they are stacked with a great HC and all former HC turned assistants. Take CPs staff, put them at Ville, and they can ride off into the 5A state championship.

In case anyone hasn’t heard. 17 has Ben benched for good at merrillville. They don’t like that he isn’t mobile. Even a rumor of them starting a freshman next week that’s gonna be a backup this week. But 17 is done and over for merrillville. Kid isn’t accurate in his shirt game and his attitude is terrible. Kid needs to quit football. Sad excuse for a football player when you throw you helmet because they rotate you out. You see in there film for the merrillville Hobart game the kid throwing a temper tantrum. And then against crown point he stayed away from the whole offense. Why keep a player like that on the team. Send him packing

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Maybe he needs some "extra work" for his tantrums... if that does not work progressive discipline up to and including dismissal from the team should be considered. if not dealt with this can become a cancer to any program. The underclassmen pick up on these antics and sometimes emulate the behavior. Cut your losses and move on.