Week 5 DAC power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Week 5 DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by DACfanatic »

My Week 5 DAC POWER RANKINGS AND PREDICTIONS!

Power rankings
1. crown point 4-0
2. Merrillville 3-1
3. Valpo 3-1
4. Chesterton 3-1
5. Lake central 2-2
6. Portage 2-2
7. Michigan city 1-3
8. Laporte 0-4

Week 5 predictions

Laporte @ lake central:

Last meeting: lake central 17-12

Both teams enter this week coming off a loss in blowout fashion. Lake central has a balanced attack this year and an average defense that can put them I spots to win games. Laporte on the other hand is still rebuilding and isnt expected to compete much this year but they have some solid building blocks. Unfortunately for Laporte there season adds another loss this week. Lake central in a route!

LC 28-0

Portage @ crown point:

Last meeting: crown point 49-6

Crown point comes in undefeated after 4 straight blowout wins. Portage enters at 2-2 with back to back losses, things don’t get any easier for portage this week as they travel to bulldog country to try and leash the dogs. This is not your same portage team from the past 10 years. They are well coached. And they eat up a lot of clock of given the opportunity. They have a 2 headed rushing attack that crown point will need to shut down. Crown point on the other had as everything working on the offensive side of the ball. They shouldn’t be touched the rest of regular season. Crown point puts a bite into portage quick and get a running clock.

Crown point 42-7

Co- games of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan city @ merrillville:

Last meeting: 17-0 merrillville

Merrillville enters this game after a rebound win over portage. And Michigan city entered with there 3rd loss of season. Both these defenses have looked really good. Michigan city might have the best D line in the area. While merrillville has the best front 7 in this matchup. Michigan city offense has been extremely inconsistent and the red zone is not there friend!! Merrillville offense has been able to run the ball with no issues and the pass game has been hit and miss with the rotating QBs. Merrillville needs to lock down on 1 QB or find a better way to balance them out so it doesn’t ruin momentum in the game. This game will be fun to watch and has been the most anticipated for the pirates because Michigan city secondary said they are a no fly zone against merrillville. Can’t wait to watch the passing attack wake up and shred them.

Merrillville wins comfortably

28-10

Chesterton @ Valparaiso:

Last meeting: 31-14 Valparaiso

Both teams enter off wins. Both teams are extremely inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Chesterton has the better rushing attack in this matchup. While valpo can air it out. Nither of these defenses have been consistent at all, this will be a great battle to watch! But I’m taking the consistency over last few years. Valpo find a way to get it done.

Valpo 28-17

TROJANMAN7

Re: Week 5 DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:14 pm

Power rankings
1. crown point 4-0
2. Merrillville 3-1
3. Valpo 3-1
4. Chesterton 3-1
5. Lake central 2-2
6. Portage 2-2
7. Michigan city 1-3
8. Laporte 0-4

Week 5 predictions

Laporte @ lake central:

Both teams enter this week coming off a loss in blowout fashion. Lake central has a balanced attack this year and an average defense that can put them I spots to win games. Laporte on the other hand is still rebuilding and isnt expected to compete much this year but they have some solid building blocks. Unfortunately for Laporte there season adds another loss this week. Lake central in a route!

LC 28-0

Portage @ crown point:

Crown point comes in undefeated after 4 straight blowout wins. Portage enters at 2-2 with back to back losses, things don’t get any easier for portage this week as they travel to bulldog country to try and leash the dogs. This is not your same portage team from the past 10 years. They are well coached. And they eat up a lot of clock of given the opportunity. They have a 2 headed rushing attack that crown point will need to shut down. Crown point on the other had as everything working on the offensive side of the ball. They shouldn’t be touched the rest of regular season. Crown point puts a bite into portage quick and get a running clock.

Crown point 42-7

Merrillville enters this game after a rebound win over portage. And Michigan city entered with there 3rd loss of season. Both these defenses have looked really good. Michigan city might have the best D line in the area. While merrillville has the best front 7 in this matchup. Michigan city offense has been extremely inconsistent and the red zone is not there friend!! Merrillville offense has been able to run the ball with no issues and the pass game has been hit and miss with the rotating QBs. Merrillville needs to lock down on 1 QB or find a better way to balance them out so it doesn’t ruin momentum in the game. This game will be fun to watch and has been the most anticipated for the pirates because Michigan city secondary said they are a no fly zone against merrillville. Can’t wait to watch the passing attack wake up and shred them.

28-10

Chesterton @ Valparaiso:

Both teams enter off wins. Both teams are extremely inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Chesterton has the better rushing attack in this matchup. While valpo can air it out. Nither of these defenses have been consistent at all, this will be a great battle to watch! But I’m taking the consistency over last few years. Valpo find a way to get it done.

Valpo 28-17

I disagree and say Chesterton wins by 7! They won’t stop this run train! Wolves got lucky

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

TROJANMAN7 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:02 am
DACfanatic wrote:

Power rankings
1. crown point 4-0
2. Merrillville 3-1
3. Valpo 3-1
4. Chesterton 3-1
5. Lake central 2-2
6. Portage 2-2
7. Michigan city 1-3
8. Laporte 0-4

Week 5 predictions

Laporte @ lake central:

LC 28-0

Portage @ crown point:

Crown point 42-7

28-10

Chesterton @ Valparaiso:

Valpo 28-17

I disagree and say Chesterton wins by 7! They won’t stop this run train! Wolves got lucky
Trojanman doesn’t realize McCormack is out because “Trojanman” was at the Merrillville game.

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

It’s so wild… he is talking to himself.

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

From the Stands wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:23 am
TROJANMAN7 wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Power rankings
1. crown point 4-0
2. Merrillville 3-1
3. Valpo 3-1
4. Chesterton 3-1
5. Lake central 2-2
6. Portage 2-2
7. Michigan city 1-3
8. Laporte 0-4

Week 5 predictions

Laporte @ lake central:

LC 28-0

Portage @ crown point:

Crown point 42-7

28-10

Chesterton @ Valparaiso:

Valpo 28-17

Trojanman doesn’t realize McCormack is out because “Trojanman” was at the Merrillville game.
Um speak for yourself? I haven’t missed any of our games yet. And as I said they got lucky! My son plays O-line jsyk

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

NWI10 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:22 pm
It’s so wild… he is talking to himself.
Problem is he isn’t? I mean if you want to meet up this week we can and I can prove it! Or are you scared to see your a moron?

Chesterton side of field I’ll be on the 50 all the way up top. Look for the guy in the Trojan uniform with a cane

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Get the popcorn!

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

DAC Power Rankings
1. Crown Point 4-0 (2-0)
2. Valpo 3-1 (2-0)
3. Merrillville 3-1 (1-1)
4. Lake Central 2-2 (1-1)
5. Michigan City 1-3 (1-1)
6. Chesterton 3-1 (1-1)
7. Portage 2-2 (0-2)
8. LaPorte 0-4 (0-2)

DAC Week 5 Predictions
Lake Central 28 LaPorte 10
Crown Point 42 Portage 10
Merrillville 31 Michigan City 17
Valparaiso 27 Chesterton 13

Last Week Predictions
Chesterton 35 LaPorte 10 - Pretty close to spot on. Gonna be a long year in Slicer land.
Lake Central 10 Crown Point 49 - Another one that was very close to 100% accurate. Not sure anyone, other than Valpo (maybe), will be able to keep it close with the Bulldogs.
Merrillville 24 Portage 20 - Merrillville won by 10 more than I thought they would. Portage competed well again with the Pirates. Have to feel a win coming for them in the DAC soon, not sure it'll be this week though.
Valpo 27 Michigan City 17 - This one was a little tighter than I predicted but the winner was who I thought it would be. City is battling against quality competition. It doesn't get any easier this week as they'll battle the Pirates.

Jimbo's DAC Record: 21-3

TROJANMAN7

Post by TROJANMAN7 »

From the Stands wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:23 am
TROJANMAN7 wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Power rankings
1. crown point 4-0
2. Merrillville 3-1
3. Valpo 3-1
4. Chesterton 3-1
5. Lake central 2-2
6. Portage 2-2
7. Michigan city 1-3
8. Laporte 0-4

Week 5 predictions

Laporte @ lake central:

LC 28-0

Portage @ crown point:

Crown point 42-7

28-10

Chesterton @ Valparaiso:

Valpo 28-17

And what does McCormack being out have to do with a prediction? Btw McCormack played against city and wasn’t effective at all

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Why don't you elaborate on that.