Well Well Well

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
the dog

Re: Well Well Well

Post by the dog »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:20 pm
Oh contrary my friend on outplaying Andrean. Andrean had two possessions in 1st quarter in Red Zone no points. Hobart did nothing in 1st quarter. Andrean had 2 more possessions starting in Hobart side of 50 one of the at 30…no points.

Agree on running the ball. They don’t have a RB now. #1 is awful. It’s also hard to run with your Wisconsin recruit OL out, #1 RB out, and # 2 WR out. Munster victory was a very costly one for Andrean. Hobart shut Finley down all night. He was really a non factor entire game.

Andrean’s defense played well but could not finish both halves of game. They let Hobart drive 80 yards to tie it at end of regulation and gave up a 90 yard drive to end 1st half. Key plays screen pass for 78 yards in 3rd and 15 at the 10. Terrible defense there.

Overall, entertaining game from a fan perspective. Two years in a row where Andrean can’t finish game with defense. Up 10 with 6 minutes to go last year and lost. This year up 7 with 5:30 to go and lost.
Factually Andrean only had one first quarter drive in the red zone. First drive didn’t get past the 32. Second drive got to the 17 yard line where Andrean made a head scratching decision to go for it on fourth and 7 despite having a great kicker.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Great call on 4th. Wheel route to tight end. Wide open under throws ball. Watch the film.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Good secondary or bad qb? Bad secondary and bad qb?

the dog

Post by the dog »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:07 pm
I can say that the Brickies now have 7 interceptions through 5 games and are allowing 49% completion.

the dog

Post by the dog »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:07 pm
I can say that the Brickies now have 7 interceptions through 5 games and are allowing 49% completion.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Still suck

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

nwifbfan wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:12 pm
Still suck
Losing to a JV team stings, eh? :lol:

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

I think the “JV” team can make another statement this week against Lowell. Hobart/Hanover is for the conference.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Mr. NWIFBFan, eat your crow and OWN IT that you called them a JV team and THEN that JV team beats the Varsity team that you have a clear love for. It's okay to be wrong! Just own it. I myself didn't think Hobart would win more than 4-5 games but they're sure looking to stick it to me (and obviously you) for the negative thoughts. As an unbiased observer who DID watch the film, Andrean had opportunities to make plays BUT didn't, Hobart didn't play "lights out" by any means BUT they did dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides. Hobart quite literally appeared to be trying to keep Andrean in the game with the two big plays they gave up (plus the bad bounce on the punt/ the kid not hearing the fire/ poison call) and even still, the Niners came up short because they didn't make enough plays against that "JV team." You were wrong about Hobart (so was I) and THAT'S OKAY! But it's not okay to pout and not hold ourselves accountable/ be truthful with ourselves.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Some people find it hard to admit when they are wrong Jimbo. Hobart is not the Hobart it was prior to 1997; however, they were no one's patsy. They will have a winning season and a shot at winning a few games post-season. The best move Hobart made was leaving the DAC and joining the NCC.