Week 7 power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Jimbo23

Re: Week 7 power rankings and predictions

Post by Jimbo23 »

From the Stands wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:16 am
Jimbo23 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:01 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:12 pm

I did not see the Merrillville/CP game, only the final score. Did Merrillville force CP to be 1 dimensional?
Only source I found said Ellison rushed for over 100 against Merrillville so I'm gonna go with... NO. Lol
stats.jpg
Make that a RESOUNDING NO... :lol:

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Last edited by DACfanatic on Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

From the Stands wrote:
Jimbo23 wrote:
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:12 pm

I did not see the Merrillville/CP game, only the final score. Did Merrillville force CP to be 1 dimensional?
Only source I found said Ellison rushed for over 100 against Merrillville so I'm gonna go with... NO. Lol
stats.jpg

Ellison did rush for over 100 for the game. But no excuses he did that against backups. If you watch and actually know anyone from merrillville we knew that entire week. Seniors were going in to start 2nd on defense and would play almost the whole 2nd.

It was senior night as much as you may not believe me. Merrillville had no intention of playing that game except in the 1st and 4th qtr.

And even crown point coach said we moved through there defense like butter.

But I stand by what I said. Merrillville has the top defense in DAC. You will see it when they are the only DAC team standing after regionals

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I don’t necessarily disagree with much of what you say above. I believe Merrillville is the better team talent wise. Excellent defense. Valpo has the coaching edge.

My issue with Merrillville is they always disappoint. So much talent and don’t really have much to show for it. Is it coaching? Is it the culture of this team and overall program? I don’t know but I always end the year scratching my head why they don’t perform better in big games.

CodyFactChecker

Post by CodyFactChecker »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:48 pm
From the Stands wrote:
Jimbo23 wrote:

stats.jpg

Ellison did rush for over 100 for the game. But no excuses he did that against backups. If you watch and actually know anyone from merrillville we knew that entire week. Seniors were going in to start 2nd on defense and would play almost the whole 2nd.

It was senior night as much as you may not believe me. Merrillville had no intention of playing that game except in the 1st and 4th qtr.

But I stand by what I said. Merrillville has the top defense in DAC. You will see it when they are the only DAC team standing after regionals
This is absolutely not even close to the truth. The same defensive kids that started the game played every snap. It was the Pirates Senior Night, but they played with the same starting line up against Crown Point that they did against Andrean and Hobart.

dawgfan88

Post by dawgfan88 »

DACfanatic wrote:
From the Stands wrote:
Jimbo23 wrote:

stats.jpg

This is one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read on this message board, and that is saying something. "No excuses", followed by nothing but a giant excuse. Are you really suggesting that Merrillville benched half the team for two quarters, in a conference game, against the 2x defending conference champ who hasn't lost a regular season game in over two years and just went to the 6A title game the year before, who also happens to be a rival? And you...think this, if true, somehow makes Merrillville and their coaching staff look good?

"Moved through them like butter". Sure, Jan. The Ville got their butts whipped, it happens. The excuse making is just laughable. I won't even make an argument as to who has the "best defense in the DAC", but a great defense doesn't give up 46 points and get running clocked.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Why are we rehashing the CP - Merrillville game? Water under the bridge, CP dominated end of story until next year when they meet again.

Merrillville vs Valpo is the game at hand. IMO, Merrillville wins, although they tend to underperform in big games.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

dawgfan88 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:20 am
DACfanatic wrote:
From the Stands wrote:

stats.jpg

This is one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read on this message board, and that is saying something. "No excuses", followed by nothing but a giant excuse. Are you really suggesting that Merrillville benched half the team for two quarters, in a conference game, against the 2x defending conference champ who hasn't lost a regular season game in over two years and just went to the 6A title game the year before, who also happens to be a rival? And you...think this, if true, somehow makes Merrillville and their coaching staff look good?

"Moved through them like butter". Sure, Jan. The Ville got their butts whipped, it happens. The excuse making is just laughable. I won't even make an argument as to who has the "best defense in the DAC", but a great defense doesn't give up 46 points and get running clocked.
This is probably one of my favorite responses on here, ever. Lol

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

CodyFactChecker wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:59 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
From the Stands wrote:

stats.jpg

This is absolutely not even close to the truth. The same defensive kids that started the game played every snap. It was the Pirates Senior Night, but they played with the same starting line up against Crown Point that they did against Andrean and Hobart.
Key word is starting lineup. It was 13-7

Check the 2nd qtr. seniors in on defense.

dawgfan88

Post by dawgfan88 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:27 am
CodyFactChecker wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:59 pm
DACfanatic wrote:

Key word is starting lineup. It was 13-7

Check the 2nd qtr. seniors in on defense.
Attachments
71R2g2ZKbkL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
71R2g2ZKbkL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg (82.8 KiB) Viewed 76 times