Week 8 rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Week 8 rankings and predictions

Post by DACfanatic »

My Week 8 DAC POWER RANKINGS AND PREDICTIONS!

Power rankings
1. crown point 7-0
2. Merrillville 6-2
3. Chesterton 5-2
4. Valparaiso 4-3
5. Lake central 4-3
6. Portage 3-4
7. Michigan city 2-5
8. Laporte 0-6

Week 8 schedule and predictions

Chesterton @ crown point:

Crown point comes into this game after continuing to dominate the DAC by defeating the Laporte slicers 42-0! Chesterton enters this matchup after a tight win 17-16 over the lake central Indians! This matchup on paper may seem like a good matchup but in my opinion it’s not. Chesterton has been able to run the ball very well since losing there QB1 but that will change Friday night. Crown point will welcome the Trojans into the dog pound and out Trojans behind the chains early and often. Crown point will do what they want when they want to do it.

Crown point wins 42-0

Lake central @ merrillville:

Lake central enters this matchup off a tight loss to the Trojans 17-16. They had a chance late to step up and get in FG range for a potential game winner but the Trojans defense pushed them out of FG range late!! Merrillville enters this matchup off a dominating win over the Valpo Vikings 35-7 in a game that was expected to be much closer. It was over after the 1st qtr. Merrillville may finally he healthy and if so watch out 5A.. merrillvilles 2 headed backfield along with one of the most talented WR corps in the state of Indiana won’t have any problem moving the ball in this game.

Merrillville wins 28-0

Portage @ Valparaiso:

Portage enters this off a tight win over the Michigan city wolves 9-7.. Valpo enters off a 2nd straight blowout loss on the season this one to the pirates 35-7. Portage has proved to be different this season. They are a solid ball club you can’t over look. Valpo on the other hand needs to get back to there smash mouth winning ways. What is the X factor in this match? I’d say defense. As much as some may disagree. I think Valpo defense is the worst of the 2 teams here. But they have the better offense. This game will be a tight one for 3qtrs. But eventually I got the Vikings pulling away..

Valpo 20-10

Game of the week:

Laporte @ Michigan city:

Some of you may ask why the two worst teams in the Duneland are the game of the week. Well let me explain….

Laporte comes into this matchup with no wins on the season after another loss this one to crown point. Michigan city enters this matchup after another loss to portage. This is a huge rivalry matchup for both these teams and Laporte has had a huge edge of late In The rivalry. You can’t throw out the records in this one. Michigan city has a stout defense but the offense is continuing to regress. And Laporte has been okay won’t he way around all season just bit up to the duneland competition. But every dog has its day in the sun. So with that said…… I’m gonna go out on a big limb here…

The Laporte slicers will pick up a late score on a miscue by the wolves to give them a win in this rivalry game.

Laporte 14-10