30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Re: 30 days left! Region rankings after watching scrimmages.

Post by DACfanatic »

RAZORBACK wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:04 am
I have seen Morton this season. I would say their O line is more of an issue than their D line. The d line this season is better than last years.

I seen some of that Morton and Andrean scrimmage as well. Morton’s O line looked like it got lazy compared to the other times I seen them. I watched them scrimmage Valpo and New Prairie this summer and Morton handled both of those teams in 11v11.

I saw the Morton Valpo scrimmage. And if there was no passing and you could hit the QB the Morton QB would have never gotten a pass off. There o line is horrible.

The DLine is better but only at the DE. The LBs and DT are still majorly soft

CodyFactChecker

Post by CodyFactChecker »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:14 pm
RAZORBACK wrote:
I have seen Morton this season. I would say their O line is more of an issue than their D line. The d line this season is better than last years.

I seen some of that Morton and Andrean scrimmage as well. Morton’s O line looked like it got lazy compared to the other times I seen them. I watched them scrimmage Valpo and New Prairie this summer and Morton handled both of those teams in 11v11.

I saw the Morton Valpo scrimmage. And if there was no passing and you could hit the QB the Morton QB would have never gotten a pass off. There o line is horrible.

Yet you still ranked them above valpo in this thread’s original post.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Speaking of Morton, I noticed they have an opening in week 6. Has it been filled? Is scheduling difficult for them as I noticed unusual opponents on their schedule. Tippy Valley and a team from Michigan.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:32 am
Speaking of Morton, I noticed they have an opening in week 6. Has it been filled? Is scheduling difficult for them as I noticed unusual opponents on their schedule. Tippy Valley and a team from Michigan.
When they consolidated, whoever made their schedule clearly thought they were going to be a lot better than they actually were, so they scheduled teams like Cathedral etc and got their teeth kicked in. They’ve been softening the schedule every year since.

I’ve also heard they have insisted on keeping the GLAC together even though it’s barely a conference. So the combination of very few conference games and the backing out of contracts I’m sure they’ve had to do has probably been the cause of having to find all these random opponents.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Thanks. Do you know if they filled week 6 game? Was Cathedral the week 6 game and Cathedral backed out causing open week for both?

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:50 pm
Thanks. Do you know if they filled week 6 game? Was Cathedral the week 6 game and Cathedral backed out causing open week for both?
Not sure when they played Cathedral, or if that contract was backed out on by either side or had just come to an end.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

CodyFactChecker wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:30 am
DACfanatic wrote:
RAZORBACK wrote:

Why would I? Valpo is just as bad. Might be next worst next to Laporte in DAC this year?

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Never underestimate Coach Marshall and Valpo. He’s an outstanding coach and they will always have a strong offensive line and an above average running attack. This alone will keep them in the mix for DAC title.

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

Any idea on how Lowell will be?

KV?

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:34 am
CodyFactChecker wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:30 am
DACfanatic wrote:

Why would I? Valpo is just as bad. Might be next worst next to Laporte in DAC this year?
We get it bro, you’re still salty Valpo beat you guys and then won a title a couple years ago.

But saying they'll be worse than Portage and just as bad as LaPorte is an absolutely hilarious cope. It’ll be ok little buddy, Valpo’s just a much better and respected program than Merrillville, it is what it is.