Week 5 DAC power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
paintballer

Re: Week 5 DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by paintballer »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:14 pm
My Week 5 DAC POWER RANKINGS AND PREDICTIONS!

Power rankings
1. crown point 4-0
2. Merrillville 3-1
3. Valpo 3-1
4. Chesterton 3-1
5. Lake central 2-2
6. Portage 2-2
7. Michigan city 1-3
8. Laporte 0-4
1. CP
2. Ville
3. Valpo
4. LC
5. Portage
6. MC
7. Chesterton
8. Laporte

I need to see Chesterton beat someone before they can be ranked in the top 5. They got blanked by city and beat Laporte, which everyone should this year. I think their next two games against valpo and portage will tell us a lot.

Generally though CP is in its own tier. Ville may be in their own as well but valpo can play its way into that conversation. Saw valpo city on Friday and the Vikings may be closer to the 4-7 tier of teams than they are Ville but we will see. 4-7 are in a tier that is hard to shake out and I’d accept almost any order of those 4 teams at this stage. Then we have Laporte. They seem to be improved from last year but still building things back up.

Nwisportsfan1244

Post by Nwisportsfan1244 »

Week 5 power rankings

1. CP
2. Ville
3. Valpo
4. Portage
5. LC
6. MC
7. Chesterton
8. Laporte

CP should outright win the DAC. There are no teams they haven’t played that can come close to beating them. Ville was probably the only team that has a shot but look for Roy Richards to have a solid defensive outing against them (but ultimately will fall very much so flat by the second quarter).

At this point, it’s all a mad rush to whoever gets to be second in the DAC with CP being so far ahead of the pack. Likely a toss up between Valpo or Ville. Chesterton hasn’t really played anyone except city and they were blanked. Problem with Chesterton is they can’t do anything besides run QB power, and some read option so they are limited in terms of plays against athletic defenses. Valpo is weaker this year but their game planning and coaching is top notch so look for them to take advantage of the rest of the teams on their schedule. Valpo just doesn’t make many mistakes that cause them to lose games.

Portage and LC are still up in the air. Not sure if they have enough power to get past the really good teams in the DAC. I think portage slightly edges LC in terms of what they can do even with the loss to LC.

Unfortunately Laporte seems nonfunctional right now. So they are last until they can win some quality games.

City’s record should probably be better than what it is right now. They played a tough game against Valpo and had a legitimate shot at winning the game. Poor QB play and failure to score in the red zone has been their biggest issue this season. They had issues in the past scoring in the red zone but it doesn’t seem like it’s the same passing attack that put up over 400 yards in the air against a much better Valpo team a year ago. The pieces are there to compete but until they can score more than 2 times in a full game, it looks like they’ll keep losing the close ones. Defense can only take them so far.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Tier 1 - CP - clear leader of the pack
Tier 2 - Merrillville, Valpo - close between these two, give edge to Pirates
Tier 3 - LC, MC, Portage, Chesterton - toss up between all 4, each capable of beating the others in this tier.
Tier 4 - Laporte - not in conversation