Cody’s region sectionall predictions!!

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Re: Cody’s region sectionall predictions!!

Post by DACfanatic »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:53 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 4:36 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:06 pm

Alright Ballin, you asked for it! :lol:

In Class 1A no one from the Region makes it, sorry Bowman.

In Class 2A the Andrean 59ers get to the State Finals and WIN IT ALL!

In Class 3A the Griffith Panthers, against all odds, make a run to the State Finals. Losing in the title game.

In Class 4A I'll contradict myself from above and say Hanover beats New Prairie in my new hypothetical here. Hanover goes to State on an unlikely run. Losing in the Finals.

In Class 5A Merrillville finally does it. DACFanatic and his friends dance in the streets.

In Class 6A Crown Point makes it to the Finals and fall in a closer one.

*Disclaimer* Absolutely NO CHANCE this ALL happens. NO Shot. :lol:

Could you imagine the parade on Broadway if merrillville and Andrean win state 😂

Broadway party!!!
Better rent out Hidden Lake and Parade around the Pond. Lol
It would be a special moment if some how we could get 3-4 region teams home with titles. But I’d think Andrean and merrillville are the 2 biggest chance.

I just truly believe crown point is not a Indy type team yet

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

My thoughts:

Crown Point can win it all. They have the size, the scheme and the coaching. Biggest concern is overall team speed vs Indy schools although I think they will beat Westfield again and make Finals.

Merrillville also has a legitimate shot to win it. Great defense. Excellent athletes. I do worry sometimes about them underperforming in big games. I would be ecstatic if they can win it all but also will not be surprised if they stumble and give a game away.

Hanover Central can win sectional but it will not be easy. After that, I don’t think they can hang with the big boys in 4A. They have a great RB but offensive and defensive lines are average at best. QB needs to make plays in passing game.

Andrean has certainly played a tough schedule and can compete with anyone in 2A. Defense is very good but tend to wear down late in games. Offensively they are challenged. QB play is inconsistent and has not proven he is clutch in big games or moments. They have not had a RB all year and oline has been riddled with injuries. Finley is their only playmaker. They are young. I think they are a year away.

Coach Nowlin 2.0

Post by Coach Nowlin 2.0 »

REGION:

If you all say KV is , then RCHS is literally 18 mins apart

Coach Meeks was interviewed back in the day and brought the topic to his attention his answer is always what I give too because its true

When REGION FOOTBALL is mentioned we use it not like true Calumet Region terms but we think of REGION FOOTBALl as blue collar though, hard nose ball. The Hobart, Lowell Griffith teams come to mind back in the day when we were covered by local news up yonder..... That is region football to us at least.

Map be damn

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I actually thought of you Coach and RC when I wrote my post about Lake and Porter County as being part of Region. RC and LaPorte should be included. I just can’t get there with NJ. Sorry.

You are correct in that it is a mindset and style of play to be considered Da Region!

the dog

Post by the dog »

Coach Nowlin 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:37 pm
REGION:

If you all say KV is , then RCHS is literally 18 mins apart

Coach Meeks was interviewed back in the day and brought the topic to his attention his answer is always what I give too because its true

When REGION FOOTBALL is mentioned we use it not like true Calumet Region terms but we think of REGION FOOTBALl as blue collar though, hard nose ball. The Hobart, Lowell Griffith teams come to mind back in the day when we were covered by local news up yonder..... That is region football to us at least.

Map be damn
KV has conference ties that make them more region than RCHS. KV played 7 games against Lake and Porter teams; RCHS played one.